Monday, July 23, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

Last Saturday night, I had our-movie-date with my hubby @MKG, watching the last movie-must-watch this month, The Dark Knight Rises. Unlike the normal saturday night, the traffic was light (maybe it was due to the time when most Moslems opened/broke their fasting period), however, it took more than 15mins just to find a parking spot.


I'm not a fan of superheroes movie, including this Batman. However, my hubby was quite keen with superheroes, so there I was in the cinema, with eyes barely opened (well, mind you, it was past my bed time). However, I found myself being engrossed on the movie. The story flows smoothly even though a bit too long - almost 3hours (I felt like a delayed climax at certain point). And I was taken a back with a surprise outturn of the story at the end (‎​‎​⊙.◎ ‎​‎​w(°o°)w ⊙.◎ never expected the mastermind will be ...better not spoilt it).


At the end, I decided to like Batman for his human strength, not some superhero with superpower. It was downright humble, seeing Batman lost a fight toward Bane, broken, black and blue. And some scenes indeed show the human side of Batman, his fear and desperation, his hope and passion. We clearly being told that not being afraid of the death is a weakness, not a strength as some people believe so. And the most important thing is hope and the will to live. A quote that I like a lot from Batman is that everybody can be a hero. Even believe in the hope itself is an act of heroism.

At the end, I don't really know whether the ex-detective Blake will be Robin (on the next sequel?). But it seems like the disappearing act of Batman afterward, was sort of giving the reign toward Blake. Oh, and I like Anne H (as the infamous thief - Kyle) so much. She was cool - reminded me of catwoman a bit. Even though not much fighting act unless several legs swinging, but I believed she enticed everyone inside the cinema (boys and men for lusting for her, girls and women for envying her sexyness). Donned in the skin-tight-black-suit with flirtatious hips swinging, I almost could see her red lips saying...meeooow!

No comments:

Post a Comment