Friday, July 27, 2012

Sweet potatoes cake


Tonight, suddenly I had the urge to bake something. I thought if it turns out good, then we will have something for supper snack and breakfast. Since I had Japanese sweet potatoes around so I looked for the suitable recipe. TADA...I found this sweet potatoes cake recipe from 'Yuk Masak' application on my tab (please download it from Google Playstore). It tastes good (not too sweet - just right for my tongue) but eating a slice is quite full (mind you, it has lots of carbo). So here it is, my night-baking *grinning*



Ingredients:

500g sweet potatoes
200g sugar
250ml cooking oil
4 eggs
1/2 tsp vanili powder
350g flour
1 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Topping



Steps:
1. Prepare the pan. Grease and sprinkle the pan with flour
2. Pre-heat the oven until 180degree
3. Steam the sweet potatoes until soft.
4. While it's still hot, quickly peel the skin of sweet potatoes and make a puree of it.
5. Sift together the flour, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, baking soda and salt
6. Mix sweet potatoes with sugar
7. Add cooking oil and mix until creamy
8. Add egg one by one and mix until smooth
9. Add vanila powder, mix well
10. Gradually add the flour and mix well
11. Put the dough into the prepared pan
12. You can add grated cheese, chopped nuts, raisin or choc chips (according to your preference) as the topping
13. Bake for 45mins until the surface is dry (the skewer stick comes out clean)
14. Take out and let it cool

Oh ya, I experimented by covering half of the surface with grated cheese and left another half plain as it is. And pls be kindly informed that the portion is quite big (i was surprised myself), maybe you could try half the ingredient for the first try   :-)

Ħªppy baking  (>.<)

No comments:

Post a Comment