Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Malay Village

Last Sunday, suddenly my hubby took us all to one of the mall @Alam Sutra. It's been a while since we came here and the traffic was light, so we don't really mind the distance. We arrived right on time for lunch, so we strolled around and thought what should we had.


Finally, we chose Malay Village, with the tagline of 'my best Malay hawker food'. My girls are quite picky eaters but they like msia' roti canai. I like msia' food as well, since I spent few years back there so enjoying msia' food normally can bring the reminiscence of the old time (geez...I sounded like a middle age woman). The resto, simply decorated with 'peranakan' style, was crowded, only 2tables were empty and we quickly filled up the chairs. Perhaps due to the lunch time and the lack of staff, the service there was poor. We have to wait few mins just to get a menu books. The dishes came after more than 30mins of waiting and the waiter told me that my selected dish was run-out (geez...it took them half an hour to tell me that...poor kitchen management). The beverages took ages as well, 45mins to be served ‎​(>_<、) pheω...‎​(・ω・`メ)(-ω-`メ)




But at least, the dishes were good. I chose mango salad for appetizer. It was so sour (and I liked it). Thinly sliced mango with peanut and chopped chillies sauce, plus black sesame topping. Too bad, they put the raw sliced onion that I dislike...took me some time to seperate those. My hubby chose fried tofu to start with, triangle shaped tofu cuts with breadcrumbs. He also ordered 'tahu telor' (tofu fried with egg) which was piled up high with chopped peanuts as the topping. Tasted pretty good too (I'm not tofu lover unlike my hubby).


Since they don't have my firstly chosen martabak, I opted for prawn mee soup (thank goodness it came within 10mins). Looked and tasted good, noodle and beehoon with few big prawns, crabstick, half boiled egg and chicken chunks, mixed with sprout beans and kangkung. The red and thick seafood soup was so tasty. But the chicken was a bit tasteless and the prawns weren't fresh (it tasted like something from the freezer). And my hubby had nasi lemak with this tender and juicy chicken curry. Absolutely yummy.


I would like to dine in again sometimes in the future, but absolutely not during the meal time.

No comments:

Post a Comment