Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pound cake

Since I still have some green tea powder left on my fridge, so I made this pound cake. Too bad, I was too lazy to wash my pound cake pan (it was so dirty and dusty, stored at the most corner of my cupboard - another proof that I haven't baked for a long time and I wasn't sure I could clean it up with a brush or two). So I used the disposable pan that I normally use for macaroni schotel and it turned out to be a failure hiks hiks (TT...TT). The pan that I used was too short so during the baking process, the dough was spilling all over. Well, I didn't say it was a failure...it just looked un-appetizing. So, if you wanna try this recipe out, stick to pound cake pan!
Wrong pan definitely


You need:
2 big egg (beaten)
100g all purpose flour
3 tbsp of green tea powder
1/2 tsp of baking powder
150g of sugar
115g of butter - room temperature and mash with a fork


How to:
1. Mix flour, green tea and baking powder with wooden spoon. Put aside.
2. Mix butter until smooth. Slowly add sugar and mix well.
3. Add beaten egg and mix until the dough is creamy.
4. Slowly add the flour and mix until even and smooth.
5. Preheat the oven.
6. Grease the pound cake pan and pour the dough into it (not more than 3/4 of the pan).
7. Bake for 40mins (use skewer stick and ensure that no dough sticks to the skewer when you pull the stick out).
8. Take out and let it cool before cutting.
Hiks hiks...looked like unsuccessful omelette 


If you like, you could add chopped almonds or choc chips or even grated cheese as the topping prior baking. And you could serve it with a whipped cream (perfect to cover my failure cake he he he yum...).

No comments:

Post a Comment