Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mariki - Raja Konro

I like ribs, either cooked in western style or locallized (in Indon, it is well-known as iga/konro). My fav one is Warung Tekko, famous for its grilled ribs with finger-licking chilli sauce (iga bakar penyet) and yesterday, I happened to visit Mariki - Raja Konro @Ruko Crown Golf PIK.
the interior


The location is pretty easy to find, just drive along toward the Waterbom PIK (PIK marketing office) and you can spot it easily among other eatery spots scaterred around that complex. It's not big, a size of one unit of ruko (house-cum-store) with minimal interior.
the menu with price range from 20k above


However, the menu offers extensive options. We started with es pisang ijo (wrapped banana cuts, served with ice and coconut milk). I know, it is supposed to be a dessert but the sun was unfriendly and we needed something cool before we have our main dishes. Among lots of variance of iga bakar, I chose Iga bakar with Thai sauce (the most fav one), a fresh and sour pineapple small-cut mixed with brightly coloured chilli and a hints of honey...ehm...it was perfect. It was spicy enough without being overly-spicy (not the one that burns your tongue, water your eyes and steam your ears) though I recommend not bite the chilli. It was tempting though *grinning*
Iga bakar with Thai sauce


My husband picked sup iga, which turned out just like the ones we normally had at other place (nothing special here). We also had ikan goreng ala mariki (a sour and spicy sauce over deep-fried-fish). The sauce was pretty similar with the thai sauce that I had with my iga, but for the fish, it was clear starchy (I thought they didn't use honey for this one) and it tasted great.
Ikan goreng Mariki


Each iga dishes have 2 different portions, you can choose the small with a single bone or big portion with 2bones. It was huge (I might as well skip the rice) and unexpectedly tender (since it was quite bulky, I thought the meat would be a little bit hard to chew). And the best, it has less fat compare to other place (even my husband commented that the ribs served here was much better than the ones served next door). Overall, it was great taste with great price too (especially when we used our living social vouchers)...but be aware of your cholesterol level   *winking*

No comments:

Post a Comment