Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cookies time




Hi…I am afraid I don’t have enough time to write (I barely have time for myself). The school has started and that means, I am back to my old routine, between a driver, amateur chef and private tutor (yay...praise me…I’m trying my hardest to be a supermom). As usual, the first day of school is always chaotic. Trying to get up at dawn (when I was so used to sleep late at 11pm and wake up after 7am) and rush to drop the girls at school (not to mention the traffic on the first day…definitely induced a big shoot to my headache…pheww a nightmare). But I guess, I will get use to it after a week, beside I have the morning free for myself (what a pleasure).

Since I have all the morning to myself, so I was wondering what should I do this morning. Normally, I spend my morning in between of my house chores, some reading (just finished 3 ebooks he he he) and my girls' exam preparation (you wouldn't believe it...they are going to have their first exam exactly on the 4th week of school phewww). The school is trying to fit the materials into these 3weeks and having the exam before another 10days of holiday. Well, I prefer to have the exam after the holiday so we can make use of the holiday for study...we are not going anywhere anyway.

So, this morning, I baked some cookies (yes, with a hint of green tea flavor). I thought it would be great to have some cookies for me to nibble on it while reading. Surprisingly, it turned out pretty good (well, some were crispy-burnt but my hubby likes the burnt ones). Tasted good and crunchy. Now, I have cookies for my tea time  *grinning*

For those who would like to try to make the cookies, here is the recipe

You need:
200g all purpose flour
50g green tea powder
150g butter – softened. If you are using the unsalted one, add a pinch of salt.
100g powder sugar
2 big egg yolks

How to:
  1. Shift the flour and green tea powder together. Set aside
  2. Mix the butter and sugar until it is creamy
  3. Add egg yolks and beat until even
  4. Gradually add the flour and mix well
  5. If you want, add chopped nuts/small choco chips/pumpkin seeds then fold together
  6. Shape the dough into a log with diameter of 3-5cm (using plastic wrap)
  7. Put into the fridge for an hour or so (until it is hard enough to be cut – not crumbling)
  8. Preheat the oven
  9. Take out the dough from the fridge and slice to 5-7mm thickness
  10. Grease the pan or you could use the cookie paper
  11. Bake for 20mins
  12. Take out and let it cool

No comments:

Post a Comment