Monday, July 9, 2012

Asian Geographic Junior Indonesia

This edition cover, an eye opener for our currency


Finally, after a week of waiting, we got our mag delivered (why, we wonder, the subscriber always get our copy later than the mag stand?). I even dropped my current fiction and went to open the package (it was quite big) in big brown envelope. Surprise...surprise...surprise, we got the newly published mag (#9 edition), a present for my oldest girl and a goodie for continuing our yearly subscription (I just renewed it). My oldest girl' eyes were big with wonder, asking me how they managed to know her address LOL. It was a participation goodie since she answered the last edition' quiz. While my oldest girl took a show in opening the goodie, I eyed my youngest girl (I know she was a bit jealous). I quickly gave her the subscription goodie, telling her that this one was meant for her. Wow...she was quick in casting aside the jealousy and grabbed and tore the plastic wrapper (obviously, trying to compete with her sis). ‎​(>_<、) pheω...‎​(・ω・`メ)(-ω-`メ) it's tough to deal sibling rivalry.
Quiz participation goodie


While me, I got the mag. It was an unspoken rule @the home that I always be the one reading the mag. Well, hardly can blame me, if I give the mag first for them to read, they will draw/write/cut anything that attrack their attention. So, what's so special bout this mag? I was wondering the same too when I picked the second edition last year from the mag stand @gramed. Well, my girls can be considered lucky, since I Ŀ♡√Ɛ reading and I want to encourage and nurture their Ŀ♡√Ɛ for literature too. So I've been buying all sort of story books, puzzles, art and crafts, as well as mags. Last year I was kinda sick of other children mags. Well it was pretty eye catching with those famous characters on the cover, sometime with blink2 ornament and free goodie, which surely loved by kids. However, there were practically nothing on the inside, beside colouring, simple math and brain teaser, mini games, a story or two (practically you can find all these on any other mag too).
Subscription goodie, and my girls just made a cute hen using this book, perfect for holiday


So I stumbled upon Asian Geographic Junior Indonesia (AGJI in short) while browsing the mag stand. The cover at that time cought my eyes, it was clearly children' mag and yet, I found no similarlity with the other look-a-like-mags. It piqued my interest and I bought it, and I was hooked ha ha ha. It is a bymontly mag with dual language (yes, in English and Indonesia, with a page dedicated for learning Mandarin). And it is rich on the inside, full of knowledge about our surrounding (believe me, I enjoy reading page by page, discovering a little trivial or fact that wasn't being tought @school). I like the 'attention grabber' part a lot, and while skimming thru, I could see that this edition has so much more to offer than the previous ones. There are new corner for recipes, too bad, some steps in making the dishes were omitted. My girls Ŀ♡√Ɛ the pictures of strange creature featured on 'animal magnetism' and this mag helped us a lot for my girls' school projects.


Simply said, the reading itself is another sort of adventure. And AGJI has lots of free goodie (participation is required), not the ordinary stuff given by other look-a-like-mags, but entertaining-yet-educating goodie. Bravo AGJI and keep the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment