Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Yotsuba To! by Azuma Kiyohiko


I found this manga when I idlely browsed my new manga collection. I have completed my serial manga in my collection and was looking for something different this time. At first, I didn't expect much. Seeing the so-so art, nothing special, no hunks and definitely not a shoujo manga (romance genre). Well, since I had the time, I started to read and now am unable to put it down. I was totally hooked. It is a simple story with simple (not fancy) drawing but hillarious and entertaining. Totally unexpected...awesome!

It is a story about ordinary 6yo girl' daily life in the new town. Despite being abondoned by her parent and picked up by a man (which become her daddy now), she is very optimistic, positive thinking girl with infection enthusiasm. With her daddy, his friends and the neighbours, Yotsuba is living her life to the fullest. She explores the world at her pace and within her common senses.

Thumbs up for the mangaka/comic author (Azuma Kiyohiko). The mangaka delivered ordinary story in no-ordinary way (well, she has green hair...that's no-ordinary 【ツ】ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²²【ツ】). No wonder this manga achieved many awards, one of them is an Excellence Award for Manga in 2006 Japan Media Arts Festival.

Bravo!
*time to get back to my manga*


No comments:

Post a Comment