Friday, August 31, 2012

Big bows from used cloth

Looks good right   ^.^

Hi, I am sorry...been neglecting my blog lately. It is final exam weeks and I have been busy preparing and helping my girls. So I guess...I am gonna publish only one post per week.   :-)  After taking break for weeks, here is my new creation of bows. As you can see from the picture, I didn’t use any ribbons here but used old clothes instead. I cut lots of small circles (diameter of 5cm) out of the old clothes (pity…I don’t have the one with pattern). I made around 18 circles. Beside it, you will need black felt (cut into 2 small circles), hair clip, needle and some thread. Yes, less hot gun glue use for a while  *grinning*


I bought this @Artbox...my inspiration source   >.<


Tada...i made so many he he he


How to:
  1. Make triangle (fold it anyway you like) of all circles
  2. Stitch the triangle one by one onto the black felt (cover the black felt in circular pattern)
  3. Continue until you have stitched up 2/3 of your circles
  4. Stitch together 3 triangles and sew it to the black felt. Fasten if required
  5. Stitch the last 3 triangles and again sew it to the black felt.
  6. Fasten the thread (make several knots to ensure it is well-fasten) on the back of the black felt
  7. Glue the back of the black felt on to the clip. If you are using barreta clip (like me), dissemble the clip first prior gluing.
  8. Glue another black felt on top of the clip (to secure the clip) and re-assemble the clip (for barreta)
  9. If you are using hair rubber band, you can stitch the rubber band onto the black felt and glue another black felt on top of the rubber band
  10. Last step is to arrange the flower petals as you like


Step 1

Step 2 - 3

Step 4 - 6

Step 7 - 8 (for using barreta clip)



Step 9 - 10 (for using hair rubber)


There is another method to make this flowery bow:
  1. Prepare around 10 – 14 small circles (I used the leftover circles)
  2. Set aside 2 circles and fold the rest (into half circle)
  3. Put 1 circle then add on top of it, the fold ones. Do it one by one, by rotating the half circle (please look at the picture provided)
  4. At the end, add on top of it, the last circle
  5. Stitch the middle of the circle. Please ensure that you stitch all of them (including the fold ones)
  6. Fasten the thread.
  7. Now you can either fasten the flower onto a hairclip or hair-band or hair rubber or pin (for bodice corsage) or even onto small ribbon (for wrist corsage).  Don’t forget to arrange the flower petals.

Step 1 - 4
Step 5 -  7


Awesome isn’t it   :-D 

No comments:

Post a Comment