Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Simple bow

Have you seen the latest Magnum ice stick commercial advertisement (ca)? At first, I thought it was some new release movie trailer, especially with the Academic Award winner actor and actress in it. At the end, it turns out to be the new golden chocolate with caramel Magnum. Ehm, I love choc but I hate caramel the most…Seeing the gold doesn’t appetizing. Perhaps I’m more the classic type   

Talking bout some classic thing, I made this classic bow quite sometimes ago, but I just had time to write it now (sometimes I forgot to take a pic when I make something...but now, I always has my ipod or blackberry nearby). It is so simple so you will be able to create yours without difficulty.


As usual, you will need ribbons (I used sheer organza ones), hairclip, thread and needle, pin needle and scissors. You can add other ornament for decoration too (I use small silvery beads).

Step 1 - 4

How to:

1. Fold the ribbon like shown on the pic. You can use pin needle to secure the folds. Fold it so you have around 3-5loops.
2. Insert the thread into the needle and make a knot on the end of the thread. Stitch the middle of the ribbon (as shown by the pic).
3. After finish stitching, pull the thread so the ribbon will crease.
4. Tidy up the loops as you like and wrap the thread around the middle of the ribbon, at least 2times. Make a knot to secure the wrapping.
5. Prepare another smaller ribbon. If you want, you can insert the beads into this ribbon.
6. Wrap the smaller ribbon around the big one, to cover the thread, and tie it around the clip. You can glue it as well, to ensure it is well-fasten.
Step 5 - 6

You can attach the decoration (use glue) onto the ribbon, as you wish. Now you have your bow ready for use.


No comments:

Post a Comment