Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Caterpillar clippie


My sis loves caterpillar. I don't know which part of it is interesting (well, if you see the real big squishy green caterpillar...you might change your mind. I saw too many at our little garden). Anyway, I'm making this for her...actually for her baby girl (my cute niece)
Look at my big eyes   :-)

You will need:
- colourful yard ribbons (small width)
- hairclip
- hot gun glue
- eye applicant
- black felt
How to line the clip (step 1)

Step 3 - 4

How to (pls kindly refer to the pic or you could ask me thru the comment field):

  1. Line (glue) the hairclip with neutral colour of ribbon (either black or white)
  2. Cut the other colour ribbons, about 4-5pieces with the same length (around 5-7cm)
  3. Make a small circle of each colourful ribbon and glue the end
  4. Glue the circle, one by one, onto the wrapped hairclip. You could line the circles neatly or up-n-down (it looks like a crawling caterpillar). Put aside one circle for the head
  5. Cut a black felt for the antenna (look at the pic) and glue onto the body
  6. Glue the head (the last circle) in front of the antenna
  7. Glue the eyes onto the head (I don't have smaller eye applicants so I just had to make use of these)

Step 5 - 7

And I had my caterpillar clippie ready for my niece (I hope she like it)

No comments:

Post a Comment