Monday, August 13, 2012

Pearly Clippie

As you can see, I changed my blog template and its background. Actually, I had thought of changing it for a while ago, but I was just lazy to do it. Since I was doing nothing last weekend, so I browsed and finally (after lots of time, thinking and deciding which one is better...changing it again...thinking and deciding again...even my browser was crashed so i gotta repeat the whole thing phewww) here it is, the new look of my blog. I hope you like it...I like it though. I always like autumn and maple leaves...no specific reason but i guessed it is ok, it's almost autumn anyway (doesn't mean that we have autumn here he he he). Maybe toward the end of the year, i probably will change the background into snowy white...who knows   :-)



Changes are good, or so I thought. So, rather than having another ribbons for hairclip, this time I used fake pearls. Doesn't it look elegant?



You will need:
- Beads (I chose the pinky pearly ones). It was also the left-over from the time when I was so into beading (years ago). You could mix the beads as you like
- Hairclip
- Craft wire (you can use fishing thread too if you are not comfortable working with wire)
- Glue
Read it from upper left to upper right, then bottom right to bottom left

How to:
1. Tie (wrap tightly and make a knot) the wire onto one end of the clip (the closed end)
2. Insert the bead(s) into the wire and wrap it around onto the clip. You can wrap one more time to secure the bead(s)
3. Repeat step 2 above for all beads until the length of clip is covered
4. Wrap at least 2 times around the clip (when all beads are in place) and make a knot to secure it. Cut short the rest of the wire
5. Glue a ribbon onto the inside of the clip (to cover the wiring)

Look! It's cute yet elegant, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment