Friday, August 31, 2012

The Bourne Legacy


Last night, I have my monthly-movie-date with my dear husband, watching The Bourne Legacy that I had been anxious to watch for over a month. It was release almost a month ago, however it was only put up for play since last week, and only @IMAX phewww. However, I’m glad to catch it last night (yes, it has been playing at cinemas since last Wednesday).

I took this pic from www.21cineplex.com   :-)

Anyway, I was quite confused during the first 30mins of the movie. Mind you, I didn’t read the synopsis of the movie beforehand…my bad. Beside, I haven’t read the book as well (yes, there is a book by Eric Van Lustbander, which was quite hard to find here) and the movie trailer that I watched few months ago doesn’t give much clue anyway so I thought, it was another sequel of Jason Bourne movie, with different actor. I thought this Jeremy Renner was replacing Matt Damon as Jason Bourne LOL. I kept thinking that Jeremy Renner wasn’t suitable to play as Jason he he he. So don’t mix this movie with the previous trilogy of Bourne movies since this one has little connection with the trilogy. They only display few footage taken from the ending part of The Bourne Ultimatum movie.

My husband was confused too…I could see that he was so restless during the first hour of the movie (well, either that or maybe because of the mosquitoes…geez I felt it too but lucky…no bite at all   *grinning*). Anyway, he was not Bourne’ fan like me…so it was a good chance that he didn’t understand at all…what was going on, on the movie. I don’t blame him though, since the first hour of the movie was moving so fast from one scene in Alaska to another in America then moved to some scene in London…and even Korea. Not to mention the switching between the present scenes with some memories (yes…I hate those as well).

However, I should give thumb up for Jeremy Renner (remember the agent in MI: The Ghost Protocol and Hawkeye from The Avengers) as Aaron Cross. He was Kenneth James, an army soldier who was pronounced death in Iraqi war. Aaron Cross was an agent in Outcome program, which emphasis on improvement of mental and physical abilities through medication (pills). Apparently, since the Bourne case with Threadstone, American’ gov created other similar programs as well, such as Blackbriar (2nd generation of Threadstone), Outcome, LARK 3 (which emphasis on creating a killing machine, an agent who cast his/her empathy), and others which were not mentioned on the movie.

Due to public disclosure of the highly confidential information of Threadstone and Blackbriar, Outcome program was terminated. All of the agents were terminated as well (read: killed), including the scientist team who had been working on the research and pill for Outcome. Aaron, as the sole survival agent who managed to slip out of death, was helping Dr Shearing (also the sole survival from the scientist team) from being killed. And in return, Aaron asked Dr Shearing to help him terminating his dependency on the pills. This led them to Manila, where the virus (pills' factory) was made. Of course, the American’ gov wouldn’t wait…the chase continued to Manila, by sending one of Bangkok’s LARK agent and the movie get more interesting from here on.

The second last hour was packed with action…love it. I love the bike chasing in the congested alleys of Manila (ehm sure looks like my neighborhood LOL). I love how Dr Shearing trying hard to stay alive and to help Aaron get rid of the LARK agent (mind you...she does have a loud voice he he he). And who would expect that the outstanding agent was killed, simply by a haste kick of a girl he he he. At the end, you could find Aaron and Dr Shearing in the middle of the sea…definitely somewhere on the globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment