Monday, August 6, 2012

Creative & Pretty Hairpins


I was waiting on my girls while they were studying for their exams, and suddenly I found un-used ribbons on my girls’ drawer (must be a left-over from their previous projects). Quickly I searched my art-n-craft drawer and found all the required items to make pretty hairpins. The models are simple, just something that I remembered (I normally try to remember the shape of pretty bows/pins sold at the store so I can duplicate it at home LOL). So…here it is

What do you need:
o       Various ribbons
o       Alligator clips
o       Glue (you can also use hot gun glue)
o       Buttons or anything that can be used for decoration
o       Craft wire or thread

How to make flower hairpin:
1.      Use glue to wrap the clip with ribbon
2.      Make medium loops of ribbon (4-6loops)
3.      Cut a small triangle in the middle of the loop (on the left and right sides)
4.      Use thread or craft wire to fasten the mid of the loop (right on the cut)
5.      Spread all the loops evenly (so it takes shape of flower)
6.      Add button or decoration item on the middle of the flower (you can use glue or stitch to fasten the decoration item)
7.      Glue the flower on to the wrapped clip
8.      Tada…my girl can use the pretty clip now   *grinning*

How to make stack-up hairpin:
1.      Use glue to wrap the clip with ribbon
2.      Cut the ribbon into 3 different lengths
3.      Make loops (glue both ends together)
4.      Glue the middle of the loop as well (unless the smallest one)
5.      Stack all three loops together (you can stitch or glue the middle of the loops)
6.      Glue the stack-up loops on to the wrapped clip
7.      Yeah…another one simple but cute hairpin for my girl   (>.<)


To be continued later... 


No comments:

Post a Comment