Thursday, August 16, 2012

Preparation for holiday

It's almost Eid al-Fitr for Moslem, just few more days to go and this year, we get 6 days (10 if you also count the weekend in) for holiday yippeey. Most people have been busy, preparing their trip to their hometown or preparing for their vacation. Even the traffic since yesterday was quite light. We don't have any plan for this holiday...perhaps just mall-ing (going from one shopping mall to another he he he). This holiday is perfect time to enjoy Jakarta at the best...the traffic will be so scarce (something that you would not see during the normal days). Beside, we seldom going for vacation/trip on Eid al-Fitr, it's peak season...tourist spots are crowded and everything is charged extra. But sometime, we go somewhere on spur of the moment decision (my hubby is quite spontaneous...I just have to be ready at any time he suddenly say...lets get going phewww)

The ribbon aisle @Charisma M2S
While everyone else is busy with their preparation, I was busying myself and my girls with other things. This week, we visited Charisma at M2S, claimed to be the largest accessories store in Jkt (it is sure big and spacious compared to their previous store @M2S - now closed, or the one @Pasar Pagi Mangdu). They even have playground for kids to play and do some creative work while the parent is shopping. They also have an attached cafe (which is not open yet hiks). Anyway, I enjoyed my shopping there (my girls loved it...they touched so many bling-bling things he he he). It's very complete, you can find the ready to wear accessories (including hair ornaments), wires, ribbons, beads, buttons, metal applicant, you name it...they have it there   :-)   Another drawback from this new store is we cannot buy mixed beads (they already packed everything, so either you buy the whole package or not). Their previous store was more flexible, we can mix all beads with the same price

These whole bunch for only 120k   :-)
They have an unusual procedure as well. Upon our arrival, we are given a customer card which will be swiped on certain counter upon buying (I guessed it was for stock control). However, the customer card is only applicable for retail, so you don't need the card for bulk purchase. Upon exiting, the card should be returned at cashier (whether you buy a thing or not). The store staffs are very helpful (one of them will follow you a few steps behind - which can be a pain on the neck he he he but I just made use of them...asking them to run an errand for me wakaka). However, they were so slowww...they took time for every single thing phewww. And the cashiers were not well-trained. They missed an item and double-charged some items...lucky i noticed it. 

Used books for donation
This week we were also busy tidying up our storage room, particularly collecting all the used school books of my girls. One of my former colleague, asked whether we have used school books which are not being used anymore. These books will be donated to a primary school near my former office @Bali. My girls' books are not enough (well, i thought so)...then I started call one and another friend, asking the same thing and in a week, I already collected a big box of used school books which are still in good conditions. Many more will be collected (since some parent was just being told today), so maybe this is not a one-time thing...but can be continuous (as long as my colleague is ready to bring the books to Bali he he he). I hope they would find these books useful  *crossing my fingers*

I was totally exhausted...loading and unloading those heavy books (from my friends' cars to mine then to the second floor of my house) but I felt happy. I guess it is true that someone' trash is a fortune for another and doing a good deed is not that difficult and complicated :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment