Monday, August 20, 2012

Hummingbird Eatery - Kuningan City

We started our holiday with ice-skating classes for my girls. I wanted them to be able to skate well and after this second class, Cia2 (my youngest) showed much improvement. She walked and nudged all along the rink without her coach help...at all...during the class. Her movement was so awkward that reminded me of how a penguin walks 【ツ】ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²²【ツ】 . Way to go Cia2! But after few days watching the newbies learning how to skate...well maybe you gotta walk like a penguin if you wanna skate smoothly on ice. Don't you think that's the reason why penguin walks like that? We (me n my hubby) had a good laugh seeing how my girls stumbled their ways along the slippery ice.


Look! She can slide now :-D

After their classes, we went to Kuningan City (the traffic was so awful...even though it was holiday ‎​(>_<、) pheω...‎​(・ω・`メ)(-ω-`メ) ) Feeling a bit down and in dire need to freshen up, we dropped @Hummingbird Eatery (GF). We have been curious about this, since the outlook of the resto (or cafe?) is quite unique.
At first, the wooden high-chairs (sorta bar stools) put on a single neat line right under the brand cought our eyes. Not to mention the wooden circling outline that we saw from outside, sure add some spice to our curiousity. I stood right in front of the place and took a look at the whole surrounding area...cute...I like it :-)
The playful drink

Let's start with the humming bird icon, in black colour which looks so witty and cute. Then, the open windowed pantry put in front with some unique and cute assorted stuffs lined at the bottom, they have basket of onions, potatoes, even shaun the sheep (>.<). They have 3 different kinds of seating, one in a wooden cage (the one that we chose), the comfy sofa, and some are chairs and tables that you would normally found in the garden. Almost all of the furniture here were made of unfurnished wooden, bring out the natural ambiance. Irresistible isn't it?
The menu book

The place is very cozy, with calming lighting, spacious seating and aisles. Big blooming flowers wallpaper on one of its wall adds certain charm, a fun and friendly place to hangout. Not to mention the light jazzy tunes of some famous oldies song was aired...nice. I felt I wanna stay here for several hours...just sitting, playing with my girls or gadget (hey have their own-passworded wifi) and having small talk with my hubby. However, the sofa inside the cage, only looks comfy but if you sit longer, you will have a back-pain. The back support of the sofa is too straight.
The humming bird cage

They play with the menu as well, using a wooden frame for menu book, they offer various dishes and beverages, all with a tongue-twisting names. The way they serves the beverages n dishes are playful too...appetizing without lots of effort...I truly like it
The open pantry


We enjoyed our afternoon tea break there. The portion here is pretty big (I shared my drink with my girl) and I like the price *winking* They give 20%off for their opening. Too bad, they haven't ready to offer some cakes/dishes for tea/coffee breaks, but they will be...soon in Sep (can't hardly wait). My girls loved it...they kept chattering...just like a humming bird can't stop humming
The main signboard





No comments:

Post a Comment