Thursday, August 9, 2012

Harmony Music School - Pluit Village

I have told you bout how hard it was for me to look for a weekday nJAC class, haven't I? Anyway, as per our decision, we settled for the one @Pluit Village, Harmony - Yamaha Music School. I am pretty impressed with the school management (compared to poor management of Sincere M2S). 45mins prior the class, the admin called to remind me of it (I appreciated it, the call confirmed that the class was running). And when I arrived at the school, all books and CDs were ready for me, as well as the payment receipt (a smooth way to request my fee payment 【ツ】ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²²【ツ】). Too bad, I didn't get any disc for full semester payment (normally the school gives 10% off) but apparently, each school may have different policy. However, on the other hand, the school didn't ask me to re-register my girl (normally transferring student from other school is required to pay the registration fee). Saved me of 200k something on it уααу!ヽ(▽ ̄ )乂(  ̄▽)ノ уααу!

Since it take place on a ruko, the classes are small (I bet, even a low sigh can be heard LOL) especially the private room which is quite shoulder-to-shoulder. Lucky my girl got her private class in a bigger class. The waiting room isn't as cozy as the Sincere M2S (where they have a room with lots of table and chair, so it is quite comfy for us to have our meals there or for my girls to do their HW). Here, no table is around and the-so-called-hard-cushioned-benches are customized book drawers. It is difficult to sit there for a long time...guess I would spend more time inside the class which is way more cozy.

But not the size of the class that surprised me, but that parent is allowed to sit inside the class throughout the whole session. At first, I thought the teacher was being considerate when she allowed me (I asked nicely, explaining that it was the 1st day and I would like to know her way of teaching) to sit inside the class (at the back, leaning on the wall). And I was quite taken aback when all the parents rushed in when the class was started and took seat right beside their children (what??? Was this Music Wonderland class???).

I haven't gotten my surprise yet, when the teacher called one student to the piano corner, with her mom tagged along and sit right beside the piano...what??? I was kind of jaw dropping (literally)...it was worse than Music Wonderland class (class for toddler). Well, the teacher might has her own policy to allow the parent to stick so close with their children, eventhough the Yamaha rule encourages the student to be independent from nJXC class. I haven't figured it out whether I want to stick around my girl like those, her class-mates...I don't think my girl would appreciate the closeness (I tend to nag her a lot 【ツ】ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²²【ツ】).

Apparently those 3 students are taking piano exam in the next few weeks, so the teacher said for these 2weeks, she is going to focus on the exam preparation before starting the nJAC lesson. So my girl, the only one who took electone exam (held last Sunday) was being told to self-study the nJAC material phewww...what a waste Miss

Anyway, the teacher looks attentive and pretty good. I hope my girl can have two-awesome-years here *crossing fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment