Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Our 2012 school holiday trip

Hi...It's me   *waving hands*


Hmmm...actually I'm pretty confused on what should i write here. My friends (especially my hubby) urged me to have a blog (they said since I like reading so much so I can write too...geez). I sincerely hope that I have this writing skill deep inside me...so I just need to push certain button to switch it on (let's hope that I pushed the correct button otherwise this blog will be history within a day of its creation). So here I am   *grinning*


While I'm still trying to figure out how to write and manage a blog...let me tell you bout our 2weeks holiday that ended a week ago. It was awesome...FUNtastic holiday. We went to Hong Kong, Macau, Shenzhen, and Singapore. It wasn't our first trip to HK and Singapore, however it was our first to Macau and Shenzhen, not to mention that we went there by ourselves (no tour travel was involved). 


It was all started when we (me and my hubby) were meeting up with old friends, back in 2011 and the idea to go on a trip together come up with HK as our destination. We quickly searched for LCC and booked the tickets, however coz one and another reasons, our friends couldn't join us for this trip (way too bad...well it's your loss he he he). Since we already had the tickets, we could only move forward with the plan. 


We were leaving Jakarta on May 22nd using Jetstar to Singapore and after few hours of transit, we continued to HK. It was our first time using Jetstar and despite the loud noise produced during landing, I could say that we had a smooth and pretty cozy flight. Compared to other LCC, I love Jetstar' seat which is fit perfectly with my short figure and the bigger leg room. I thought they allow the guest to bring food as well (at least, i didn't hear the stewardess' announcement on the matter, unlike on AirAsia)




Resting during the transit @Changi
We arrived pretty late @HKIA but we were lucky since the hotel provides free shuttle bus with 15mins of interval. There are lots of hotels' free shuttle counters, located directly upon the exit (on the left and right sides of passage to MTR)...so check it out instead of paying a hefty sum for taxi. 
Rooftop garden @Novotel


We stayed at Novotel Citygate, which is only 10mins ride from the HKIA. It is pretty close to Sunny bay mtr station (1station only) and in adjacent to Citygate outlet mall where you can find famous brands at discounted price. At HK, we went to Disney and Ngong Ping 360. Then we went to Macau and Shenzhen before coming back to Singapore.



No comments:

Post a Comment