Thursday, June 28, 2012

Japanese sweet potatoes

Lately...I've been craving for Japanese sweet potatoes. The taste and outlook is similar with the local ones (these Japanese sweet potatoes are locally produced as well but I think the seeds were originated from Japan or something like that), but they said these ones are healthier. I normally buy a pack once a week at the supermarket (there are few brands available). There are two types of Japanese sweet potatoes (with the same purplish skin), 'satsuma' for the yellow 'flesh' on the inside and 'okinawan' for the deep purple one. I prefer the satsuma since the texture is smoother and easier to chew. The okinawan is a bit starchy and I got this weird-after-taste.
Sorry, I'm not good at taking pic he he he


Beside the normal steam method of cooking (15-20mins depending on the size of the sweet potatoes), I also like it deep-fried with flour coating...ehm...mouthwatering. I can't bring myself to stop eating (‎​(>_<、) pheω...‎​(・ω・`メ)(-ω-`メ) I've been gaining weight during this holiday) *grinning* . For deep-fried, I normally steam it for 10mins only (so it's not crumble when I cut into smaller pieces).


In the morning, I have it with cream soup. In the afternoon, I snack it with a cup of tea/coffee. And it's perfect for supper with a hot choc too :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment