Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cia2' babble


Few days ago, while we were on an escalator, Cia2 asked me, “Ma2, we had to stand on the right @HK and on the left @Spore, where should we stand here @Jkt?”. She was referring to where we should stand while riding on an escalator. She picked up those habits while we were on our holiday trip (couldn’t blame her, since every time we were on an escalator, there would be repeating announcement to remind us to stand on the correct side).

I was quite taken a back by that simple question, I answered thoughtlessly, “you can stand anywhere here @Jkt since there is no such rule here”. Cia2, as being herself, clearly not satisfied with my answer and kept asking why there is no rule here. Her persistency made me thought…yeah…why don’t we have the same rule here? Maybe because it’s only a trivial matter compared to other more significant matters. Maybe we used to have such rule but no enforcement and socialization….and another lots of maybe thoughts were running in my head. 

I’ve always considered children as children, who play and laugh and enjoying themselves a lot, care-less of other things. However, with Cia2, she often surprises me with her ‘unexpected’ questions (which involves a lot of why). It made me wondering…are we adult so deeply entangled in our routine life that we stop questioning things. Have we taken everything for granted? Maybe it’s time for adult to listen more to children’ chatter and babble.

Have you talked with your children today?

No comments:

Post a Comment