Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pretty flowery hairclip

At first, it wasn't my intention to make another hairclip. I was altering my dress. It was ok but too short for me (I wasn't confident enough to wear short dress...mind you...my thights are quite big 【ツ】ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²²【ツ】). So I cut few inches from the bottom, to create a new-looking-top from it. After I finished fixing it, I had this mess round my room. Since it was still early, so I began working on the ribbons...again...well the newly purchased ribbons were just laying around on the shelves. It was kinda hard to ignore it...I felt this tugging sensation to create something different.



You will need:
- yard ribbons. I used different tones/shades for these ones
- hairclip
- hot glue gun
- black felt
- button or any decoration ornament

Step 1 - 2


Step 3 - 4


Step 5 - 6

How to (for the purple flower):

  1. Cut the ribbons into 3 different lengths (since I used 3 ribbons per set), but you are free to use either one or more, for a set. Cut for about 10-15sets (depends on how big of the bloom that you wanted)
  2. Glue together all the ends (glue per set). It would help a lot if you have somebody helping you preparing the ribbons. If you are working alone, i would recommend you to prepare the ribbons (with helps of clips) prior gluing (or you have to put the hot gun on and off several times to avoid hot dripping glue)
  3. Cut 2 small circles from the black felt (it doesn't have to be a perfect circle...no worry)
  4. Glue the ribbons (one by one) onto one circle 
  5. Glue the button or decoration ornament in the middle of the flower. 
  6. Glue the flower onto the hairclip. Fasten it by gluing another black circle onto the inside of the clip (look at the pic)



Hiks...my sore thumb

When I did the 6th step, I burnt my thumb ‎​(>_<、) pheω...‎​(・ω・`メ)(-ω-`メ) and (╥﹏╥) нιкѕѕѕ...(๑•́ ₃ •̀๑) ...it was painful ('cenat cenut') and I quickly applied the white egg (heard that it is good for burnt skin). But it doesn't stop me to move onto my second hairclip. But I learned my lesson (in a hot painful way)...so I was quite careful from then on...I started to use chopstick end to fasten the glue LOL.
Step 1 - 4


Step 4 - 5

For the pink flower, it is almost similar with the above one, with some alteration. Step 1 is the same, but for this flower, I only used 2different tones of ribbons (so 2different lengths). Then I twisted each ribbon and glue the ends together (do it per piece of ribbon). Step 3 and 4 are the same, however for step 4, glue the bigger/longer ones and glue the shorter ones on top of the longer ones (look at the pic pls). The rest is the same as the above one.

Last step

There is another way as well to make this flowery hairclip:
  1. Fold the ribbons (about 15 times). If you are confused, please refer to the picture
  2. Stitch the end of it together and pull the thread. Fasten it (as per the picture)
  3. Prepare the black felt (2 small circles). Put glue on one of it and put the stitched ribbon onto it. Arrange the ribbon into flowery shape
  4. Put button or decoration ornament on top of it (in the middle of it)
  5. Lastly, fasten the bow onto the hairclip (like usual)


Step 1 - 3


Step 4 - 5
See...it's simply twisting the ribbons around to create another look of flowery hairclip :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment