Friday, November 2, 2012

Insurgent by Veronica Roth


A choice becomes a sacrifice
A sacrifice becomes a loss
A loss becomes a burden
A burden becomes a battle
One choice can destroy you

Synopsis

One choice can transform you - or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all aroind her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves - and herself - while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and Ŀ♡√Ɛ.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction, instead the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable - and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

I say...

Did you notice the surname of Tris...Tris Prior? I was a bit confused, I was sure whether it was Tris's surname so I thought it was a noun. However written in capital letter must means something else, isn't it? So I wrote Tris prior (not in capital letter) on the above synopsis and just like before I read a book, I skim through it from 1st till the last page. Then...there...on the last page of the story...I saw it...Edith Prior...I didn't know who she is (I haven't read it yet) but now it's clear to me that Prior is a surname. So I went back to the synopsis part and revised it again :-)

I was so hooked by the first book, Divergent...so when I finished it, I rushed to the book store to find it. However, it was quite difficult to find this book. Lucky for me, I got it at Times bookstore (now Books and Beyond) with a discounted price as well уααу!ヽ(▽ ̄ )乂(  ̄▽)ノ уααу! I just hope that this book is as fast and as interesting as the first one *crossing fingers*

And it was...‎​‎​⊙.◎ ‎​‎​w(°o°)w ⊙.◎ ...amazing. Unlike other trilogy or saga book, mostly the second series were a bit disappointment. Like New Moon, the 2nd book of Twilight saga which was the worst (imho)...it was boring though the plot was essential however, Stephenie Meyer could do better than this. So I was surprised to find this 2nd book of Veronica Roth...it was fast pacing and full of surprising elements from the first chapter until the end.

At the end, after reading this...seeing how I scored on the previous test (remember the free faction test given in the 1st book?)...I'm a divergent. Yeah...I guessed I would be a good divergent than an Amity. Be a divergent...why not?

*phew...I must be patient for the third book...another year to wait*

No comments:

Post a Comment