Friday, November 16, 2012

Poor Customer Service of Indovision


I was disappointed…truly. I’ve been a subscriber of Indovision (said to be the #1 cable TV here) for years. So far, I’ve never had any problem with it. Until I decided to unsubscribe and change to another provider, first because another provider offers much complete services (heard from my friends) and second, because Indovision never give a promo to the existing customer. Their promo (like pay 6months and get another 6 months free) is only applicable for new customer. It seems Indovision intended to gain big sum on new customers, but on the other hand, forgot to improve the existing customer satisfaction.

After checking my billing, it said that I have paid the subscription fee for Nov – Des 2012, therefore, I told them to terminate my subscription according to my billing period (per Des). I sent fax last 8 Nov (the rule) and the CS confirmed this back to me via phone. Suddenly on last 10Nov, we couldn’t enjoy the cable TV. I called the CS (after being on hold for 5-10mins before I could talk to the CS and another 5-10min on hold while theyand she told me that they will work on it as per that day. They realize the error wasn’t on me, but on them (either their system or human error on their side). I even told them that it was ok for me if they terminate my subscription ahead of my requested date, however, I insisted them to return the money that had been autodebited by them earlier (fair and square), however, the CS ensured me that it wouldn’t necessary since they would re-activate my subscription. I called 3times (once for every day from Saturday until Monday) and the CS always answered me the same, that they will work on it the soonest. I was confused, it took so little time (perhaps less than 5mins) to disconnect my cable TV but it took them 3days to work on it? What the hell was going on?

On last Monday morning, I emailed my formal complain letter to Surat Pembaca Kompas, by cc-ing Indovision. Then within 2 hours after my sent email, the CS inisiatively called me to inform that I could enjoy the cable TV since they had re-activated my subscription. Well…Kompas sure was effective, wasn’t it? Too bad, I could only enjoy it for 3 hours before it went off again. Monday night, I sent another email to Indovision (too tired to be put on hold) which until this Friday, I received neither reply nor call from them. This morning, I called them again, asking them to confirm whether they will return my money or activate my cable TV. They asked me to be patient...wasn't I patient enough, considering I'd waited for 4days? I threated them if I still haven’t received any confirmation by lunch hour, I am going to write another complain to Kompas. Again, Kompas was such an effective word to use when you are dealing with CS. Within 2 hours, the CS called me that my girls could enjoy the Disney channel again. Let’s hope, it doesn’t go off within few hours again because I’m too fed up with them.

so much for the so-called-#1-paying-TV in Indonesia. Perhaps they don't put much effort for customer who almost discontinue the subscription...but again, I wish this will serve as a lesson for those who is a subscriber or wants to be a subscriber of Indovision.

No comments:

Post a Comment