Friday, November 23, 2012

Matched by Ally Condie


Synopsis

Cassia has always trusted the society's choices. And when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia is certain he is the one...until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

Now she is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path no one dares follow...between perfection and passion.

I say...

After several fictions of action and dystopian world, now was the perfect time for a little bit of romance. And the book I chose, yes, I picked it up from the bookshelves due to its green cover (I Ŀ♡√Ɛ green as you might have known) was this one. I flipped over the cover (couldn't open since it was sealed up perfectly) and I read all those encouraging recommendation for this book. It claimed as the superb dystopian romance after Hunger Games...‎​‎​⊙.◎ ‎​‎​w(°o°)w ⊙.◎ And when I tore the plastic wrapping, there on the last page...the sequel book to this one, called Crossed and soon-to-be-released Reached (the last book in this trilogy). Geez...I hate it...hate it...hate it....why every fictions nowadays have to have the sequel...and why the authors don't bother to put it up on the cover ‎​=.=! pheω...‎​⊙﹏⊙

I couldn't imagine...living in the this utopian world which every single thing is decided by the society. Every body practically wear the same thing, doing things assigned by the society, die when you reach 80, eat the same unappealing stuff, and even this strange sleep tag. Every data is collected and processed...it's like a fake world...like a robotic-kinda-of-world. It's like you ask your super computer to predict the number out of the rolling dice...nice try though

But I loved the romance...it described fall-in-love in such a smooth way...from a light flirting to such intense and emotionally bantering. It wasn't a sexy romance but yet I got this soft-fleeting and longing-ache feeling after reading it. It was beautiful...intoxinating...gripping me through the last chapters. The romance reminded me a lot of Twilight saga, a choice of Bella between a normal life with Jacob or risky and unpredictable true Ŀ♡√Ɛ with Edward. The world and plot were pretty similar with the Hunger Games trilogy, about fighting the 'so-wrong-society' without a clue of what an ideal society should be.

I Ŀ♡√Ɛ уσυ...like red...

No comments:

Post a Comment