Friday, November 30, 2012

Handmade Snow-globe

Christmas is coming soon...I hear it now and then...as the Christmas songs are on the air. I saw it here and there...the shopping malls with its tenants are putting up the Christmas tree and decorations...lovely. Even though I'm not a Christian (but my husband is)...I always Ŀ♡√Ɛ this jolly festive season. Who wouldn't Ŀ♡√Ɛ this year-end month with lots of sale (^.^). And I love those cute tiny fancy Christmas decorations and ornaments...those red and green knick knack...especially the snow globe (уσυ know, the rounded glass with mini Santa inside and when we shake it...the white-small-item-like-snow will fall and scatter around).
Yay...my handmade snow globe - or snow jar in my case he he he

So when suddenly I had the mood to tidy up my girls' stuff...there...I found a mini plastic santa (perhaps from the last year Chrismas cake). I quickly asked my sis whether she still keep an empty bottle/glass jar...and she had it :-) Too bad...the glass jar is a bit longer than what I wanted but...no problem...this would do (this is why mine is unique he he he).

So...I started to work on my version of snow globe. Here are what you need:
# 1 glass jar (like baby food jar - good if you can find the round one)
# 1 mini plastic Santa or any Christmas items that you wanted (perhaps a sledge or a reindeer or Santa's house...anything) as long as it is made of plastic
# Glitter powder and other applicants for decoration. I used plastic snow flakes, snow flakes beads, mini glass beads
These are what you need

How to:
1. Clean the jar (rub all the label) and dry it up
2. Glue the mini Santa onto the lid firmly. Let it dry properly
3. Glue the plastic snow flakes onto the inner side of the glass jar. Let it dry properly
4. Put the glitter powder and beads into the jar
5. Put some clean water into it
6. Glue the lid properly and close the jar firmly. Let it dry (half a day)before you start to put it upside-down
These are how to assemble it

TADA...it's a handmade snow globe :-) Well, in my case, it looks like the snow globe is being hit by a stormy glitter inside it LOL. I thought I was too excited when I poured those glitters. Anyway, it still looks great (for a first handmade) and my girls are excited to play with it. Betcha my hubby will Ŀ♡√Ɛ this simple gift (>.<)

No comments:

Post a Comment