Thursday, January 3, 2013

Reached – by Ally Condie



Synopsis

Cassia’s journey began with an error, a momentary glitch in the otherwise perfect façade of the Society. After crossing canyons to break free, she waits, silk and paper smuggled against her skin, ready for the final chapter.

The wait is over.

One young woman has raged against those who threaten to keep away what matters most – family, love, choice. Her quiet revolution is about to explode into full-scale rebellion.

With exquisite prose, the emotionally griping conclusion to the international bestselling Matched trilogy returns Cassia, Ky, and Xander to the Society to save the one thing they have been denied for so long, the power to choose.

I say…

I have to say that I was pretty upset with the ending of this Matched trilogy. Perhaps the ending was different with what I’ve imagined it before. And unconsciously, I was reminded of Hunger Games trilogy with pretty much the same surprising (lame) ending. Those 512 pages tells the days of Ky and Indie as the pilots in the Rising, Xander’s part in the Rising as well and Cassia’s unexected way of revolution in the Gallery.

The plot moves slowly, from one character to anothers, until the end (geez…I was sleepy reading it – the book didn’t give me the excitement like the previous ones). Without new problem except the mutation plaque, I consider this as the most boring book within Matched trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment