Monday, January 7, 2013

Bared To You – by Sylvia Day



Synopsis

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness…

He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I’d never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily.

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other’s most private wounds…and desires. The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn’t tear us apart…

I say…

I read this based on my friend’s recommendation. She said, this book was pretty similar with Fifty Shades (which I just completed at that time). And after reading it, I think this book is not on par with Fifty Shades, in term of the plot and intensity of the problem. Perhaps, if I had read this book before I read Fifty Shades, then my opinion would change…probably   J

Bared to You can be considered the first book in Crossfire series (I don’t know whether it is a trilogy or saga but the second book was released with title of Reflected in You – which I haven’t gotten a copy yet). The characters are well-defined, 2 childhood sexual abuse survivors with their own secret in the closet, threading a thin line of ‘normal’ romantic relationship. On this book, Eva bares almost all her dark past, her nightmare while I guessed, Gideon will have his turn on the second book. Beside their dark past, both of them – especially Eva, still have to deal with Gideon’s exes and possesiveness.

Since this is my first book of Sylvia Day, I am not sure whether she specialized in erotic romance or not. The sexual scenes are quite hot but not in a surprising way like 50 shades (sorry…if I always compare these books – it is hard not to do so when the paperback cover and even the synopsis sounds the same) but Sylvia Day is good in twisting and describing the emotion of the characters. Overall, this book is pretty good when you need a steamy night   *winking*

No comments:

Post a Comment