Monday, January 7, 2013

Fifty Shades of Grey – by E L James


Holiday is over and for some people, they have resumed their daily routine sometime in last week. My girls start their school tomorrow and finally, I can have all morning to myself again *thinking of my swimsuit and art-box and books and...heaven*

While some of you brood over the monday...catching yourself searching the calendar for the coming holiday, let me cheer your Monday up with this tasty book that I read a while ago during the holiday.

Be ready and buckle up...this book will take you on an unexpected rollercoaster :-)



Synopsis

When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this mand and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too – but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success – his multinational business, his vast wealth, his loving family – Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secret and explores her own dard desires.

I say…

Whoah!!! *let me take some deep breath*
It is disturbing yet piqued my curiousity
Unexpected and mean but still sexy and sassy
It is simply an amazing book   

I’ve never heard of E L James, including this title until my friend kept nagging me bout this book. He said, this was a good book and I should read it. So, when I found this trilogy (Fifty Shades Trilogy) on 30% discount, I quickly bought a set. Even, after I bought it…I left it on my desk for few weeks before I started to read. I didn't bother to check the review as well...*my fault*

At first few chapters, it felt like a normal romance fiction and since I liked the characters a lot and the complicated plot…I kept on reading until…the part of Red Room of Pain (quoting from Ana’s term). I quickly turned back the cover and found there in big caption with smaller font size, that this book is categorized into erotic romance genre. Well, that explains the steamy scorching sexual activities that kept me going on and on (I burned a week worth of my midnight oil for this trilogy LOL). Even though I wondered…does Grey (or Mrs Jones in this case) always put minimum 2 condoms inside all of his pants’ pocket in his closet…apparently he never run out of those foil packages and magically, whenever he wants and wherever he is…he always has it *geez*

The revelation about the Red Room of Pain was quite a shock to me. I’ve never read any BDSM fiction nor seen a movie before, yes – I heard that term before but reading it in a descriptive way was far way beyond my imagination (please google it for more info). Google, wiki and dictionary were my best buddy during my reading time, I consulted them a lot, especially for BDSM terms and tools, I even searched for the picture LOL (well, I didn’t know what flogger was…but now I do). I felt like Ana, stepped into another 'dark' world with no point of return…trapped by this book purely because of my curiosity (yes – I was pretty curious bout this BDSM).

Overall, I loved it…I loved how the author build the emotion and bonding between reader with the characters on the book (right from the early chapter). I loved the plot with intense physical contacts. I simply loved it (but that doesn’t mean that I love BDSM though). Can’t wait to write my review for the second book   

Warning: this book contains explicit sexual so this book is not meant for the faint-hearted   one *grinning*  I think this book should come with an age and health restriction LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment