Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My 2nd Sewing Project - Simple n Easy Bag

Like I told you last week, I was so into sewing nowadays so I spent almost all-of-my-me-time sewing various kinds of things. After success in sewing the gloves, now I made a very simple bag. I copied the design and followed the instruction from www.makeit-loveit.com (I love this site – lots of tips for art and craft). Since I still had the left over bolster sheet from my gloves…so I used it with a yard ribbon.


How to (if you are confused, pls kindly refer to the above site for more detail explanation):
1.      Draw 2 rectangles (let say A and B) with dimension of 35cm x 30cm and cut it (if you aren’t sure…you could draw it on the paper as the pattern first)
2.      Cut 2 pieces of ribbon with a yard long
3.      Sew the long sides of both rectangles together (do it inside out) but leave 5cm at the bottom part and 7cm at the top part
4.      Sew the top side (the 7cm one) separately (don’t sew the top sides of A and B together). Make sure, you have some space to insert the ribbon
5.      Turn inside out and insert 1 ribbon from rectangle A and continue to rectangle B. While insert another ribbon from rectangle B and continue to rectangle A.
6.      Tidy up the loose ribbons and turn the bag inside out again
7.      Sew the ribbons onto each side of the bag (at the 5cm part)
8.      Then sew the bottom of the bag

Now you have this simple yet easy bag…my girls are using it to put their aikido outfit J

No comments:

Post a Comment