Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Destinies by Maxine Barry



Destinies by Maxine Barry


Synopsis
'Through the open door Kier watched Oriel's face firm into stubborn lines. He let out a long, relieved breath, only then realising how tense he had been. For one awful moment he'd wondered if Oriel would bow to the pressure her mother was certainly about to put on her and now he felt ashamed for ever doubting she would come through for him...'



Destiny: would it bring Oriel and Kier together or drive them apart? Whatever the future held...only they destinies held the answer.


I say...
‎​(>_<、) pheω...‎​(・ω・`メ)(-ω-`メ) Well, this was the third book that I read on a single day (yes, I did nothing than read all day and nite 【ツ】ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²²【ツ】 ). And apparently, it was the first book in All His Prey series (too bad, I didn't have the continuing one).

To my surprise, the story was taken at the Nazi era, around second WW @Germany, Europe and USA. Ehm, I have always loved story with some historical background. While I was reading, I wondered what kind of surprise would I get after turning the page.


However, I hated the Germany names and titles, couldn't clearly distinguish them ‎​(>_<、) pheω...‎​(・ω・`メ)(-ω-`メ) ...my...I never learn any Germany @school. I dislike the flow of the story too, jumped here and there (with so many places and names...European ones, to remember, maybe I would do better if I jot it down somewhere).


Overall, it was number of stories blended into a single book, in a good way. Each with their own characters and background, with their own problem and intriques presented, yet you could see the red string between those mini stories, linked together. I liked the well created characters, each with his/her distinctive features played an important part within the story regardless how small it was. It had more sex scenes than the normal fiction I had, unexpected brutaly in the actions and smooth literacy of the story background.


I gave 3.5 out of 5 for this one. It's worth the time, reading bout how a person trying so hard, struggle to find his piece of happiness, to grab and hold his share of Ŀ♡√Ɛ, torn by it and deceived by the love in another form. It was a story of life, a journey to know that he loved and was loved. It was a story about destinies.

No comments:

Post a Comment