Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Chubby Flower Hair Accessories

It's been weeks since the last time I opened my craft boxes. These few weeks have been the busiest days for me...not that I was working...but I was busy typing the practice papers for my girls. They are having their exams now and by 2nd week of Dec, it is holiday уααу!└(^o^)┘ \^o^/ └(^o^)┘уααу!
The cute chubby hair accessories

So when I finally had time, I started collecting my scrap fabric. I got some batik fabric (from the too-long-belt of my batik dress). So look what I made out of it...fancy hairclips with Indonesian traditional patterned cloth. If you are interested to make one for you, please kindly check my previous post. I'm pretty sure I wrote some tutorial re to it :-)
I got an idea from this hairclip (I bought this one)
My batik hair accessories

But the best ones are these chubby flower hair accessories (and it comes with a matching set уααу!└(^o^)┘ \^o^/ └(^o^)┘уααу! ). It involved lots of stitching but I bet...it worth the effort *grinning* I found an old clothes of my girl with pretty pattern on it and I cut it into 5 circles (around 7cm in diameter). I stitched the edge of the circle (one by one) and I pulled the thread so the circle was a bit in bowl-like-shape. I inserted some polyester fibre and pulled it firmly. If you don't have polyester fibre, you can cut your scrap fabric smaller to replace it or use bean bag/foam balls. Then I fastened the opening by stitching it altogether. Afterward, the fabric would look like a soft ball (with a bouncy feel on it)

After I made 5balls, then I stitched all the balls together (from side to side) for form flower petals. Next I glued/stitched the applicant right in the middle of the petals. Here I used (again) old button but you can put anything (beads or fake pearl). Then I attached (by gluing) the hair rubber or lined hairclip onto the back. Pretty cute isn't it? My girls adore it...they asked me for another already...they said...the chubbier - the cuter *grinning ear to ear*
some snapshots on my batik hair accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment