Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crossed (2nd book in Matched trilogy) by Allie Condie

I guess this will be my last post in this week and the week after...tomorrow is my girls' last day of school and afterward, we are having a holiday YAY   (>.<)   So I wont be writing for sometimes...but please kindly frequent my blog since more posts are coming after the holiday.

Synopsis

On the edge of society, nothing is as expected.

Cassia flees to the Outer Provinces in search of Ky, only to discover he has escaped into the canyons. But even as she risks everything to reunite with Ky, a few surprises from her former life may haunt her...or change the game once again. The path to freedom is more twisted than ever. Is Ŀ♡√Ɛ enough in order to survive?

I say...

The long-awaited-book...this one was quite difficult to find @Jkt bookstore, even though I searched it on several big imported store. So when I saw this one (along with the newly released 3rd book)...I was practically jumping with joy...уααу!└(^o^)┘ \^o^/ └(^o^)┘уααу! ...finally I got books to read during the year-end holiday (well, I guess I will eat this up pretty fast - meaning in a day or two)

So...half of the book tells the story of Ky, escaping the Society and Cassia, trying to reach Ky - anywhere he could be. Again, the story flows smoothly, from Ky to Cassia...then back to Ky again...to and fro with flawless elegency. Up...until Ky is reunited again with Cassia, then I got this confusion on who is talking to whom ‎​=.=! pheω...‎​⊙﹏⊙

The way Condie describes things are as powerful as before and before you realize, you are drawn into it already...into the strong feeling of affection...into the strong desire of freedom...into the deep belief of Cassia and Ky toward each other...into the beauty of the colors, the river, the canyons, and the poems as well. This book tells a story of Ky and Cassia, joining the Rising, a rebellion against the Society.

Quoting a sentence from the book, loving let's you look, however the more you look into it...the more you will find out that he/she is different from what you've visualized. Ky and Cassia, after reunited, realized that each holds something...which conciously or not...being kept from the other. Some secrets are unravelled but more are still wait to be unfolded on the last book - Reached (I'm reading it right now). Because in the end you can't always choose what to keep. You can only choose how you let it go.





No comments:

Post a Comment