Tuesday, June 23, 2015

My Secret Garden - Bandung



The facade of back cottage

A place with view. I guessed this is what everybody is looking for nowadays. Apparently good food with good atmosphere isn’t good enough and that why we were here in My Secret Garden, to have a simple meal with view. The place wow-ed me from the entrance and for a moment, I regretted our timing. We went there for dinner and I had wished we had come in the daylight. Small flower dotted here and there on the green shrub outside the broken-white wooden cottage caught my first sight. On the right, a big wrought iron shaped the main entrance gate to the backyard. The place is lovely (well – I love flower and nature) and this place is full of those – at least full of flowers. And the name is very suitable too, since we can’t see the garden from the entrance and it is sorta hidden at the back.



I felt like being transported to Chocolate Ville, a place that we visited in Thailand few years ago or Kebun Mawar Situhapa in Garut. The style here is a bit similar with those places. With broken-white dominance as the color, wooden-granny style of cottage, scrapbooking papers in pastel frames, plain wooden furniture, wrought iron ornaments in white, all those give off the vintage vibe. Though I felt confused why they put a wooden bird house next to our dining table, but hey, it totally compliments each other.
 
4 cheesy pizza...crispy...tasty and sooo cheesy
finger licking Ayam Buluh
And….the foods were delicious (I tried to find fault here but there were none). You must try the ayam buluh, the baby chicken with spice and herbs, cooked inside a bamboo – the meat was tender and fragrant and juicy and definitely tasty (no worry – it wasn’t spicy at all). If you still have time after your meal, try to wander around the garden. It was beautiful at night so I bet it would look fantastic in the daylight. At the far back, there has kids’ corner with its tree-house (yes – too bad it was dark at night so my girls couldn’t have fun there). There is a patch of poppies too which was just to pretty to be missed out. Wouldn’t it lovely to have a leisure meal while watching your kids play around its garden? Would love to come back sometimes
The tree-house
A patch of poppies

No comments:

Post a Comment