Saturday, October 18, 2014

My pick from my library (^.^)

Hello everyone...how is your weekend started off? For me...i just woken up ha ha ha (yes - I'm not a morning person but I’m not that lazy as well). It was all due to my very late night...or should I say a very early dawn since I slept at 3.30am this morning. As you have all probably guessed, I blamed it on a manga series that I picked up few hours ago. Well I was a bit high-strung and desperately wanted a short escape…somewhere for the weekend. But my oldest daughter had (and just completed) her weekend classes, then Yamaha exam came along with school exam in tow…phewww. We haven’t been anywhere these last 3 whole months. So I find my escape on books and mangas and the one that I picked last night was a work of Miyagi Riko, titled Love Monster

I just browsed along the manga collection on one of the online manga web, looking for something light with good artistic…and Love Monster gave me that. I love the story plot, it was light with interesting twist and surprises here and there, enough to spice up the story. It was cheeky too in a sweet and cute way, not overtly…really perfect to lighten up my mood. The drawing was cute and clean, with cute pretty girl named Hiyo who was engaged to a very handsome and strong tengu monster of Kurou (on another perspective, the main storyline was a bit similar to Black Bird of Sakurakouji Kanoko). These 82 chapters (completed - including 2 extras) were able to put my sleepiness at bay. So if you are looking for something to read to fill your weekend…something that falls right with the Halloween season, then I would highly recommend this  (>.<)


However, if you are looking for something different (but still fit with the coming Halloween), then how about the final book of Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan? The Blood of Olympus just been released for few weeks and although the storyline was predictable (if you are a keen reader of Rick Riodan) but this book still offers excitement and surprises. Or you could try The Staff of Serapis, a very short book by the same author which Annabeth met Sadie of Kane Chronicles for the first time.
Anyway, whichever books or mangas that you choose for this weekend (yes – I realized that maybe the lot of you choose other thing), I wish you a great time. Happy weekend!    

No comments:

Post a Comment