Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Croods movie

Image taken from www.imdb.com
Sounds strange...just as strange as each character in this movie...as weird as the prehistoric world that they lived in but hey...strange things have certain place in my heart *winking*. I decided to put this movie into my watchlist since I saw the trailler for the 1st time...cute...very cute...not in a way of pretty tiny things that I adore but ah it was quite difficult to explain. Perhaps you would understand me if you watch this movie.

Another work from DreamWorks (ehm...this big name ensured that I would love the animation with color-blast details), it is a story about cave-family (if I may call them) which lived in the rocky terrain and led by Grug (voiced by Nicholas Cage). Upps...how rude of me...forgot to introduce the Croods. Well...meet Grug, the overprotective father who busied himself protecting his family (hardly could blame him but he made such an annoying father). He banned exploration and curiosity and encouraged them to always be afraid. He said...'fear kept you alive'. Living in a cave (sometimes for days), they spent their day sleeping and telling stories. Then there was Ugga, the loving and understanding mom for their 3 children. Eep is the adventurous daughter with well-built-body (did уσυ see her muscle? And what big thights she had 【ツ】ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²²【ツ】) She had an ability to jump from cliff to cliff as well as trees that would put shame to the olympic gymnastic atlet. Then, Thunk, the only son which took everything his father said...made him into a scaredy cat son. And the last, Sandy, the female toddler with big teeth (appeared like a fierce dog at the first time) and capable to run (or gallop in her case) faster than a cheetah...very adorable toddler *winking* To complete their family, there was Grug's silly mother-in-law as well.

The movie was opened when a new day came and the Croods were preparing for their breakfast after 3days caving in. I wouldn't have imagined how much effort and struggle and teamwork required just to have a breakfast at that time...so dynamic...awesome! It was an eye-opener for such an opening. I felt I have to keep my eyes open so that I wouldn't missed a thing. Suddenly, the next morning wasn't the same since the end of the world was started. The cave was crushed due to earthquake, pushed the Croods to fall into the colourful world (beauty didn't cover for this amazing world) with its unique creatures (such as tiny bluish mammoths or pretty bird flock in pink which was quite beastly). In this new world full of wonder and danger, the Croods was helped by Guy, a smart and very civilized caveboy who taught and showed how to escape from the ever-collapsing-world of their into the promising land of 'tomorrow'.

This was an awesone movie...the special effect was superb...I liked this better than the Oz. During the show time, laughter often erupted from the audience (including me and the family)...from the rumbling laughter of adult to high shrilling voice of the children. All were delighted to see what would happen to the Croods, scene after scene. Me and my girls especially loved the scene when the 1st shoes was about introduced...wow...even as a cavegirl, she indeed had a fashion style. I kept wondering how her animal-skin-clothes could stick to her body like her second skin :-) I liked how she stomped her feet when she was throwing her tantrum (geez...even cavegirl do it ‎​Ħǎː̗(^▽^)ː̖Ħǎː̗(^▽^)ː̖Ħǎ). I laughed so hard seeing how picture was taken at that time (such a pain "̮ wk°wk (′▽`) wk°wk "̮ ) But I wasn't comfortable with the skinship between Eep and Guy (especially Guys was always bare-top)...I was prepared to answer my girls' question on this :-)


In a funny way, they taught us about what family means and what counted for each other. Its heart-wrenching scene before separation between Eep and her father, it made me realized that parent will do anything...just for the sake of their children. With their naivety, this almost-100-mins-movie showed how we should live our lifes...never be afraid...keep moving forward...follow the light. Anyway, tomorrow is only a day away :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment