Monday, March 18, 2013

1001 Arabian Nights - romance fictions

I didn't know what was gotten into me...suddenly I was into romance fictions (yes...the kind that gives easy reading for two hours...enough to take my mind elsewhere). Anyway, it wasn't an ordinary week but I had a specific theme for it...1001 Arabian Night stories. Again...not the ordinary stories that you normally read for your children on bedside...since there wasn't Aladin nor magic lamp but still suitable to be read at nite...on the bed (just as the way I read these)

Since it was Arabian Nights theme, so almost all of the stories have similar plot and character. They have hot...steaming desert with Prince or Sheikh or Sultan to rule. Most of them were categorized as DnD (dark and dangerous), handsome with mountains of wealth, as well as a mountain size of ego in the package. Due to their royal blood, most of them always get whatever they wanted (especially women who were so willing to do his bidding) and everything they said become rules. Then meet the women, all were headstrong, who were not used to bend under anyone's command especially from an arrogant ruler.

The following were the titles that I read (in alphabetical order), and I put stars to measure how much I enjoy it (1 star is worst - 5 stars is the best imho). I liked Heather's story a lot since it offered something different compared to the others...it was about time traveller however I hated the ending. It was an anticlimax after such a good story. Anyway...I welcome you to try the titles below and let the Arabian's magic work on you too...sim sala bim ^^

  • Emma Darcy - Traded To The Sheikh **
  • Kim Lawrence - The Sheikh's Impatient Virgin **
  • Lynne Graham - The Desert Sheikh's Captive Wife ***
  • Mardi Ballou - Heather and the Harem scroll ***
  • Penny Jordan - Prince of the Desert **
  • Sandra Marton - The Sheikh's Convenient Bride **
  • Trish Morey - The Sheikh's Last Gamble ***


No comments:

Post a Comment