Monday, March 4, 2013

Jack the Giant Slayer

Image taken from www.imdb.com

I love reading...all kind of book, including children story book. Fairy tale to fable, picture book to bedtime stories, including the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. Though not one of my fav children story, I do happen to have few versions of this story, in hardcopy and several others on my tab (to entertain my girls). But none of those captived my attention as Jack The Giant Slayer, the 2hours movie.

The recently released movie, this story merged the story of Jack with a bit of LOTR's touch (well - the giants reminded me of the orks of LOTR). It was about Jack, the son of farmer who grown up hearing the story of giants and The Great Eric (who - in the story - defeated the giants). The same thing happened to Isabella as well, the sole heir of the kingdom. Both of them, separately, yearned for some adventure, which incidentally met and later fell in love.

Jack was given few 'magic beans' in return of his horse. While he gave shelter for the running-away-princess from sudden storm, one of those beans, incidentally grew into sky-reaching-beanstalk...taking the princess to the giants' place. Jack, in between of his responsibility and chance for adventure, voluntered to come with the trained soldiers to save the princess. There, Jack was trying to save the princess and prevent the bloodbath-war between giants and human. How Jack could do it all...well...I would better leave it to you to watch it by yourselves.

The hightlight of the movie is there were several moments which I hold my breath (I am kinda a faint-hearted person)...especially the scenes involving giants. Several times, I said my thanks...for not choosing the 3D version one...I wasn't sure my stomach nor my head would be fine after watching it. But the animation or special effect was top of the top...awesome. They created perfect setting for the story...I was totally wow-ed :-)

Lastly, I kinda like the moral of this story. It tells us that it is perfectly fine to try things out...to make mistake...because all of it will make the better of us. I hope you enjoy the movie :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment