Friday, March 18, 2016

Warung Taru - Dago


The facade of Warung Taru
Who loves Bandung? I do ... and I bet you like it too. Just a short 2hours drive, Bandung is perfect for a short weekend escape almost for everyone (...ok...aside from the terrible traffic during the weekend and crowded attraction spots), from various natural attractions to shopaholic, from culture seeker to food-addict.
The corridor between the smoking lounge with non smoking one
Banana fritters with cheese and palm sugar - nom nom
This time my choice fell on Warung Taru - a classic traditional eatery just around the corner of Jln. Ir. H. Juanda to Dago. Warung Taru means rumah kayu (wooden house), so the whole place was built using wood and bamboo. The place itself was charming with one-of-a-kind decorations filling the rooms but what I like the most was the valley view.
The interior with heavy oak furniture and wooden frames
For me, Warung Taru was a place for snacking - enjoying the afternoon coffee while observing the view and people goes by. A good place to waste the time...doing nothing while munching on the banana fritters (which tasted so good). But I wouldn't recommend this if you are looking for a fancy meal since the menu here was limited to Sundanese basic meals like soto.
The view at night - overlooking the valley
Though there weren't much on the menu to offer, I always find myself back here whenever we go to Dago area. Perhaps, this spot would be your favourite too   ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment