Monday, June 22, 2015

Lawang Wangi Cafe and Art Space - Dago




The viewing dock

Some of you might have wondering on what we are doing here in Bandung? Actually it wasn’t supposed to be a weekend short getaway trip. My youngest was supposed to join the I Am Gifted program (in Bandung) but she fell sick a day before the program started. So this trip was originally her program graduation trip – but we changed it into a father’s day trip yay. For us, there are plenty of occasion to celebrate and this time, we made it into a culinary trip…yep daddy needs some fattening wkkwk…I am gonna have a bigger waistline when I come back wkwkwk. But for now, let’s forget bout the regret to the later day and enjoy the trip 


We started our culinary trip from Lawang Wangi, a café with art gallery. Located in Dago (very easy to find – just google it), it perched high with fantastic overlooking view on the valley. It has become one of the must-visit place nowadays with so many reviews and post go viral on the socmed. It has beautiful garden landscape with its gallery exhibits scattered around (some I enjoyed – while others, I really had no idea what it was all about). Though most of people visit this place for its awesome view, but I found myself enjoying its art gallery (perhaps since I had limited chance to visit gallery so I really took my time strolling not-that-big-gallery there). 

The landscape from viewing dock
Above the gallery, an open style café was crowded with youth and family. Big glass windows blanketed us from the cold breeze but we still were able to enjoy the view from inside. The food served there were quite good, with a standard price range. Since we went there for a coffee break, I would have expected them to have more range of cakes – but the snack like nachos or fried cassava with cheese was good enough – no complain then. 

But the main spectacle here is the sort of hanging wooden dock, which gives you the best spot for picture taking. It was picturesque in the daylight so I am guessing it would be lovelier and romantic during the sunset. However, please be cautious since it is windy and mind your time since it only allows around 10 persons on the dock at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment