Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A short notes on TCBC


Hi...anybody has been missing me these few weeks *grinning. It's been a while since I last wrote my post...kinda hectic lately...but in a good way. Anyway, I wanna tell you bout the 3days training that I went for, from last Friday to Sunday (yes...just few days ago). I enrolled for Trainer Certification Boot Camp (TCBC) held by F6 Global Group from Singapore. It was a very tiring training...a 12hour session per day but it was worth all the exhaustion, starving, backpain and all. I am not gonna tell you about the training...geez don't wanna bore you to death but I wanna share something that I got from the persons that I met during the training.

First, meet Mr AK (all the names will be in initial) who is as old as my granny. He was flown from Malang just for this training. Initially I thought he was just an old man which had nothing to do...but how I was totally wrong (moral lesson: don't make assumption on your 1st impression). I learnt a lot from him. He showed me that being old doesn't mean you have reason to stop learning. I saw how comfortable he was with his laptop (and on friendly term with Mr Google as well), he wasn't showing off his knowledge but instead he had an attitude like a sponge. When we had to sit all day on the hard floor and I kept rubbing my pained back...he kept his smile instead. Man...I was so ashamed since he didn't utter a single word of complain or any inconvenient at all. I believe he is an old man with a young soul. He didn't ask special previledge for being a senior...he wanted to participate in every games (sometimes quite dangerous ones) and he didn't make any excuse (like some of us) when we asked him to be the 1st person to present. He is an amazing senior! I am proud to be on the same group with him during the training :-)

Secondly...meet Mrs NS. I have known her for few months (not too close though) but during the training, I saw some part of her which I've never seen before. On our 2nd day of training, we got an assignment to go to the nearest mall, got to know a stranger or two and got their namecards. Honestly speaking, this assignment terrified me...I got a coldfeet talking to total stranger. Lucky for me, the location of our assignment was M2S (the mall that I frequent very often - since I used to open a baby shop there, I still go there 5times a week for swimming, and my girls have their extra classes there as well). So in short, I asked namecard from 2 acquaintances of mine. I was Ħªppy and satisfied with my namecards while NS came back and showed me her-newly-gotten-10-namecards from total strangers. Wow...I was stunned! Though we only needed to get 2...she didn't stop at 2. She showed me...if she could get 10...why she should limit herself to 2. Her seriousness and always give the best of her...touched me deeply. Beside, she was willing to share her knowledge in public speaking to us. I really admire her...she is a darling leader!

Third, there is Mr DK from Surabaya. He is outgoing, friendly and love to make a joke. Who knew that deep within his appearance, he has a strong positive personality. He shared his experience in 'selling'...from being rejected tens times...his phone call was cut roughly...until the worst, door slammed right in front of his face...BAM! If I were him...I would probably quit and crawl back to my comfort zone...but he is persistent and never gives up. Those rejection fuels up his desire to success. Salute to him! I am proud to be his buddy during the training.

There were still lots of people who gave an inspiration for me, like a hawker seller from Bandung. We had a presentation assignment on the 3rd day and he simply told me that he didn't understand how and what should he present (we were given a certain topic to present). However, he still went to the stage to present (and if I could add...a good presentation too). I never thought that I could learn a lot from a simple peddler (no...I am not trying to be a snob) but I learned about courage from him. His courage to change his life...his courage to fail...his courage to learn, do his best and be ready for success have left a great impression for me. It was a beautiful sight to see how people is doing their very best.

During those 3days of training...I felt that I learned a lot from the above people and many more (which I couldn't write here). I did get the 2nd top scorer on the exam and surprisingly I got the 1st top leader as well (though until now...I am still confused why I was chosen 【ツ】ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²²). Imho, the above persons are more suitable as a leaders...in which they lead not with the said-instruction but they lead with heart and real action. They are what I call the TRUE LEADER. Bravo and salute to those people and may this short story inspire and touch your heart in one or another way.




No comments:

Post a Comment