Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Yes / No - fashion cum cafe

The outlook
Simple menu book
The bar corner
Last weekend, after the tiring day-out spent at Kebun Raya Bogor, we headed to SMS at Serpong. We had an appointment with a friend and while we were looking for some quite place to sit and talk, we found this lovely spot. At the first glance thru the clear glass separator, I thought it was a fashion shop since lines of clothes in various style and model were hang neatly. However, we read (the glass was decorated with fancy handwriting) that it was indeed a nice blend between fashion shop and a cafe. We stepped into the shop-cum-cafe and we kinda liked what we saw.
 The hanging chair
 
 One corner
 
the wall's decorator
 

Quickly settled ourselves into a corner near the entrance, we read the menu (2pages of menu which made us confused on what to order). The cafe provides a number of beverages in either hot or cold, snack bites, and some selection of food (mostly pasta though). Pity, they didn't have any cake nor pastry (I always crave for cake or two, to accompany my tea otherwise I would have given a higher rate for the cafe).
 Some goodies for sale
 
 Sorry, it was kinda blur...I asked my girl to take the pic

Knick knack for you to choose


While we waited for our order...we browsed thru the shop. The whole wall was in black with high ceiling, some part were covered with brick. They covered all walls with either framed wording or chalk-look-alike-stokes. Awesome...I really liked it a lot. On the corner where we sit, they put lots of small knick-knack for sale. Most of it would be a lovely gift for birthday or any other occassion' present. On the other side of the entrance, there was sort of public phone booth (in white and red like the ones we see on the western movie) which...to my surprise...was made for the fitting room. At first, I wondered on why they put that phone booth there and thought it was some kind of ornament for the shop. At the far back, they put the clothes on display and some goodies here and there, adding a missmatch touch but in a nice looking way. A cluster of chairs occupied the middle of the room, from low couch to hanging chair, love seat to rocking chair, wooden to garden chair as well. It was really nice setting with relaxed atmosphere...BUT...some of the table apparently were rocking tables too. We tried 3 tables there...all weren't stable...we gotta hold the table strongly otherwise our drinks would be spilled out during our animated talk. I didn't know whether it was by design or anything but imho it was just unconvenient to have a rocking table, especially if you are eating some meals. But...if you could put aside the table issue, it was a great place to chitchat...especially when we could use their free wifi :-)
The fitting room
 
 
PS. I didn't know how this post will turn out once I publish it. This is the first time I write my blog using my brand new Samsung Ativ touch screen with Windows 8 and it was quite difficult for me to write a caption on each picture. I just hope it will turn out okay   :-)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment