Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Mortal Instrument - City of Bones - the movie

Image taken from www.imdb.com

Finally...last night we managed to catch upon the The Mortal Instruments - City of Bones. We got a glimpse of this movie trailer when we had our share of Elysium and my hubby said...we gotta watch this one. As I was aware, this movie was an adaptation from the fiction (with the same title), however I haven't read any of the series. Well...there are hundreds of books with similar plot (either vampire, warlock, or any mystical creatures...apparently they are on demand nowadays)...so at that time, I wasn't interested much with it. But now, I am eager to wait for the shopping mall to open and rush to get my copy :-)

City of Bones retold a story of shadowhunter (half angel - half human), a legacy left behind by angel to protect human from demons. The story focused on the cup (ehm...I wonder why cup is often told to possess certain magnifying attribute...is it the same cup with the holy grail?) which was lost or hidden by Jocelyn (Clary' mom). As the descendant of shadowhunter, Jodie asked the high-level warlock, Magnus Bane, to block Clary's power as well as her memory that had any relation with shadowhunter. Until a day, when the blocking spell worn off little by little, Clary could see Jace, a shadowhunter which was invinsible to others, killing a demon.

Suddenly Clary's life changed drastically. Her mom was missing, what she believed was a lie...what she thought mystic was so true. Then she, Jace and Simon (her best friend) were set to find the cup, save her mom and discover the horrible truth of all of this.

From the trailer, I didn't expect the movie would be this scary and violent (yes...lots of people or demons in disguise got kicked viciously). I flinched a lot during the fighting scenes...too brutal for my taste though I knew it was just an action. Blurred fighting or running scenes with rapid switching from one scene to another brought a headache to me...especially seeing it on an Imax screen. However I loved the effect, like when the vicious dog suddenly turned into a demon...that was an awesome transformation. When the after-torched-remaining-demon were transformed again...that was gross (well...it was supposed to be that way though). I also liked the scene when Clary put all demons to stop/freeze with her unknown spell. Well, there were still lots of amazing effect on this movie...but I would let you watch it by yourself.

See you at the downworld :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment