Monday, April 29, 2013

Iron Man 3 - the movie

Image taken from www.imdb.com

Last Thursday was the premier day of Iron Man 3 and I had bought the ticket a week in advanced with no hassle at all (God...never regret being an Mtix member). I watched it with my dear hubby...left the girls sleeping at home (it was final exam weeks) and here I thought this movie wouldn't be suitable for girls (in term of the violence or skinshin). I expected gory bloodish fighting when I laughed out loud seeing how silly and full of flaws Tony was on action. I also expected lots of smooches but hey I was surprised by how decent this Iron Man is *grinning* Another surprise seeing how full the theather room considering it was a weekday nite, not to mention that the cinema is opening more than 3 theaters for this movie...I could imagine how fast it is gonna be the box office.

The movie started right at the millenium's eve when Tony Stark met a smart beautiful woman, named Maya and both of them stumbled upon Killian, another nerdy thinker. Both were trying to sell their ideas to Tony but were ruthlessly ignored, of course Tony - being a womanizer, he got that one night stand with Maya while Killian was left on the rooftop waiting forever. Geez...if you are considering peaceful future...please remember to dump ur man elsewhere...rooftop was definitely a bad place *winking* Turned out, desperation drove Maya and Killian (Pott's former sweetheart) on working and merging two brains. Their research in improving brain capability (which on the good side, enables to correct the DNA) results with living bomb used to terrorize the world. Even Iron Man was defeated and Tony unexpectedly suffers the anxiety attack.

Tony strikes me as the human ego, proud and boastful with own achievement yet easily destroyed. He was having his own identity crisis when he realized that he was just a man in can...like any other people (without super power). Especially after the launching of Iron Patriot (the Ironman suits made for the goverment) slammed Tony with a hard fact that anybody can be an Iron man as long as they wear the suits. But human is a wonderful living being, which can always find the true strength in desperation...power and friendship in unexpected place and time. At the end, Tony relies more on his brain and hands in destroying Mandarin than his suits.

I was totally captivated by this movie...as far as I wanna re-watch it again (soon...with my girls this Wednesday). I enjoyed it so much that I forgot to remember points for my blog writing ‎​Ħǎː̗(^▽^)ː̖Ħǎː̗(^▽^)ː̖Ħǎ . As I've told you before...I don't really like a super hero movie (which is such a bullsh*t when people rely on a single person with super power to save the world) but this movie was different than the normal super hero ones. This 130mins movie is full of surprise. Lots of scenes where Tony was caught in unexpected situation that bursted the laughter from the audience. He maybe a snob dude but you gotta admit that he has a great sense of humor. He is kinda cute...like him :-) The movie is full of action as well, made me barely catching my breath before another breath-holding scene shown. ‎​=.=! pheω...‎​⊙﹏⊙ If I were Tony, I would be grey in 5mins (a big NO NO 【ツ】ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²²【ツ】)
My midnight snack...yum yum...guilty pleasure :-)

Quoting from Tony Stark, "human make their own demon"
*Indeed...thinking back bout my own demon - eating a portion of martabak (sort of traditional cake) for my midnight snack after the movie :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment