Wednesday, December 10, 2014

T5 Suites - Pattaya - Thailand


I got free upgrade...and I stayed alone


Hello December… one of my fav month in a year…coz it always has the festive atmosphere. With Christmas and New Year are approaching in just few weeks (stores have been dressing up and Christmas carols can be heard anywhere), December marks our holiday too…yay another month of school holiday  \(>.<)/  This time, we only spend the holiday around the outskirt of the city, few days here and there. But before we are talking bout the long holiday, I would like to tell you bout a hotel that I stayed over the last weekend in Pattaya

Guess...how much did I pay for a night? Less than US$30...awesome rite ^^



I went solo to Pattaya for 4 days, to attend an event with more than 6k of like-minded people around the world who loves to travel…sounds awesome isn’t it? Well, I am not going to retell bout the event (maybe sometime in the future) but I fell in love with the small budget hotel that I had chosen. T5 Suites is a new and small 3-star hotel, a 5-storey building with minimalist and simple design. It’s located about 3mins of walking distance to the main road of Pattaya and the nearby convenient store (and about 5mins of driving to PEACH – where the event was held). The surrounding was peaceful and quiet, a guarantee of good sleep without being bothered by a drunk people (which was quite normal on the other part of Pattaya)
Basic toiletries but spotless

When I arrived after being lost (the driver didn't know the streets in Pattaya and only understood Thai language - well he drove me from Bangkok), feeling tired and sleepy (it was long hour from Jakarta to Bangkok then continued to Pattaya), it felt wonderful when the hotel staff served a cold orange juice to welcome me in their small lobby. Lovely and prompt service. Though the receptionist had a barely passable English, however I really appreciated how they did their best to cater my need. They even upgraded my room ... when i was sleeping alone ^^ Scared me for the first night (never slept alone) but since the bed was good and I was tired, I slept like a log on the next night ha ha ha
The electrical outlet was brand new and i had to tear off the wrapping plastic to use it wkwkwk
My room was awesome, too bad it was across the lift and I could hear the ping sound every time somebody called for it. But it didn't bother me much since I got a big - spacious room with a king bed and a single bed (enough for 3 - 4persons). The room was clean and spotless, the bed was neatly done, everything was in mint condition...totally perfect. They provided basic toiletries and clean towels, hair drier, SDB and fridge, big screen LCD with almost hundred of channels to choose. The only drawback was they didn't provide coffee/tea maker in the room, but considering how attentive the staff was, I was pretty sure they would had provided it if I had asked for it.
My American breakfast (i especially requested no toast to go with this)
They had small dining room at the back of the lobby. Breakfast was good and cheap (my room didn't include breakfast), even the mineral waters were cheap too compared to the ones that we bought at the convenient store. They provided free fast wifi around the hotel that helped me a lot to connect and kept my communication with my family at home. Another thing that I like was the shuttle Baht-bus (compared to the normal van/car/mini bus), this song-taew was unique and the experience to be driven using this was awesome. Though the shuttle service only available until 10pm, however the manager went beyond my expectation, showed up and picked me up when I made a request at 11.30pm by himself. Totally top-notch customer service!
the small dining room (on the left) and the small lobby (on the right)

The hotel shuttle uses songtaew (Baht-bus)...another experience that I liked   ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment