Tuesday, July 2, 2013

16hours stucked in togetherness

Did you notice something strange here...yes...she moved suddenly
Last Sunday was the most tiring day in June for me...but in a fun and positive way. It was a spur of the moment decision when I met with 2 friends of mine over simple dinner few weeks ago. We used to live together while we were pursuing our study at Inti College in Kuching, Malaysia (dated back in 1998). After that, we were sorta scattered around here and there. From our brief rendezvous, we decided to have small reunion, and invited another 2 former-housemates as well to join the occasion. As for destination, my friend suggested Carita beach. I didn't know why she was so eager to go to Carita, though we could go to Ancol beach if she would like the similar atmosphere...beach...sand...greenery of coconut trees......sea breeze...lapping shore and blue sky. She insisted Carita and we agreed (perhaps she had this vision bout going to Carita in her dream *grinning). Since some of us had prior appointment, we went there last Sunday (without staying over).

I was up and ready before 7am (my scheduled time to pick my friend who lives nearby). Cold drinks and my green beach-bag loaded with sunblock, aftersun and many more, were ready as well (well-teased as being the most prepared one in the group). My hubby helped me checking the car (it would be my first driving to Anyer on my own). He was pretty anxious and kept reminding me to drive safely (read: slowly - he was so sweet sometimes 【ツ】ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²²【ツ】...but only sometime) Though I had a severe headache and lack of sleep the night before, meeting someone whom I haven't seen for a while sure injected some spirit. My drowsiness was slipping away the moment I arrived at the meeting point...seeing the huge smile wore on my friend's face (yes M, you were grinning ear to ear) and it was hard to resist the excitement flowing in to me. We chatted bout trivial matter re to our trip while driving to another meeting point at Puri Indah Mall to pick another 2 friends there. We stopped again at Cilegon to pick the last one who we haven't set eyes for a decade or more. Too bad, she wasn't available and we decided to carry on our trip as planned. Light traffic...funny retold stories during our college time...made the journey felt fast (or was it because I was driving fast?). Anyway, we reached Cilegon in less than an hour however the traffic from Cilegon to Anyer beach was terrible (bumper to bumper with merely inched forward for every 5mins). It wasn't due to the road (the road was smooth) but the number of vehicles going there was just unexpected (or should I say as expected - considering the weekend that fell during school holiday?). Anyway, after stucked for 2hours and hasn't gotten any closer to Anyer, we stopped for lunch at Padang resto that looked pretty clean. The food was quite superb, though we had to swat every now and then (with our hidden kungfu skill)...lots of housefly flying around our dishes.

With full stomach and various snack purchased nearby...we continued our drive with rekindled spirit. Under the scorching sun, yet it still took us an hour to reach Anyer beach (the traffic was so horrible). We stopped at Pisita Resort for a break. We managed to strolled around and stole few pics on the shore before continuous thunder started to rumble. I was negotiating the price for my temporary tattoo when the first splatter of rain fell. We rushed back to the car (d*mn...I haven't gotten my tattoo yet and i got a pretty decent price here) quickly. Lucky we were in the car already when suddenly the drizzling rain turned into a heavy downpour. Ow...I hope my friend was Ħªppy to get a 5mins glimpse of the beach and a bit of sea drip (with lotsa sand) on her sandals.

Considering the time and the wheather, we turned our way heading home. Lucky, the rain was ceased after 15mins and we again decided to enter the public beach of Anyer nearby. They asked for IDR50k for entrance ticket...geez we bargained hard with lotsa cute smiles and begging...and only got IDR10k discount (guess we gotta practice our smiling faces). The place was astounding with rocky landscape instead of slopping beach. All the free bungalows were taken and again, since the sun was back shining brightly, we stayed for another 5mins before heading back to the car. This time, we trotted along the way to Cilegon for 3hours ‎​=.=! pheω...‎​⊙﹏⊙

Feeling in need to stretch our body, we had our early dinner at Sari Kuring Indah hotel and restaurant at Cilegon. The place was nice, with lesehan on the pond (seating on the floor style), mini playground and air-con indoor room as well. We ordered our dinner which was pretty delicious (with big portion that dumstrucked me - they serves the fish soup not in a bowl but in a basin "̮˚°◦♡ώκωķ(∩_∩)◦°˚"̮ ). The price was cheap as well (compared to Jkt's price standard). And luckily, our friend who wasn't available earlier, was able to join us shortly after the dinner...even though only for a short drink.

It was great, meeting up after few years (some without news). For few moments, we were still reeling with the amazed feeling for seeing each other again. Every one looked pretty good, not much change but definitely getting wiser and matured (are we?). We talked a lot about silly thing that we did in the past, when we didn't slightly bother bout what the future hold for us. Though we felt slightly dejected upon leaving, realizing that it would be another long drive thru the terrible traffic. But we filled those 5hours drive with my-own-karaoke-singing...heart-to-heart-girls-talk...business-talk...chitchat until we reached home...feeling totally spent out but satisfying.

It was such a long day...I counted 16hours with around 12hours spent on the road. But those 16hours felt insufficient...we quickly snatched the calendar and marked the day for our next get-together уααу!└(^o^)┘ \^o^/ └(^o^)┘уααу! ‎​​​⌣ƭћǟπƙ уσυ \(*T▽T*)/ gals for the lovely day. ♡†нαпĸs♡ as well for listening to my off-tune singing (my playlist went around to my first song again and yet we still stucked in the traffic)...for not complaining during my rough driving (I thought I drived better - considering nobody at the backseat buckling up the seatbelt 【ツ】ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²²【ツ】)...and for being so considerated stopping so many times to visit various type of restroom "̮ wk°wk (′▽`) wk°wk "̮ YOU gals R rock!

See ya gals...soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment