Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sawad dee kha :-)

It's the day...finally. We were kind of overly excited for few days already...busying ourselves with packing and unpacking...rescheduling all the girls' private classes...and of course shopping for our holiday need. Not that the items couldn't be found there but especially for clothes...I need to wash it first prior using it (definitely not my hubby kind which can wear newly bought clothes...my high maintenance skin - read: sensitive - is troublesome). So here we are...on our way to Bangkok on 9k feet or is it 19k...90k? Well, when you read this post (wondering whether i could post it with my mobile blogger version), I will probably at Phuket already. We chose early morning flight so as not to waste more time there...the flight was on time...smooth took off plus perfect weather. Couldn't ask for more :-)

So, while I was wondering what should I do to kill this 3hour flight...my hubby is sleeping peacefully right on my left (geez....I envy him sometimes...especially now. He can practically doze off anytime anywhere, even after a cup of expresso). I looked at my girls on the right who are playing tab in turn (they sure feel like at home). While I am busying myself, wrestling my neck to find some comfort (a drawback for being a petite size huh), I decided to write something on my mobile (no worry...aeroplane mode is on) So, we are back to Thailand to celebrate me-n-my-hubby 10th anniversary. We had our honeymoon at Thai and now, with the girls tagging along...we decided to retrace our previous trip. However, this time we will visit Bangkok and Phuket only, excluding Samui. I still recalled my experience flying to Samui using small earoplane with full capacity of 20 passangers only...ringing machine sound along the way, complete with turbulance and any kind of vibration (felt like bajaj-after-effect LOL). It was such a long 30mins...unforgetable memory wkwkwk. Geez...how time is flying. Half way there already and with Beyonce's Love on Top is playing thru my earphone, I started to enjoy my flight. This trip is gonna FUN! I have a habit of predicting how enjoyable the trip based on how I enjoy the ride *silly but yeah I am quite superstitious. Beside, we have packed our itinerary with lots of interesting places (yes...u guessed it right)...places that fun according to my girls. That means forget historical places, stroked out museum and heritage places. Well, at least we will visit the Grand Palace (it was easy to persuade the girls...just telling them that we are going to a princess's palace)

Anyway, lots of my friend asked me...isn't it troublesome going for trip especially overseas with kids? Well, I have been taking my girls for overseas trip since they were 2yo. I didn't say that it was easy...we did have some problems like when the girls were sick and we had to choose between spending our holiday in the hotel or piggyback them while we sightseeing. But so far, we are always waiting eagerly for this kind of trip. I don't have any magic formula up to my sleeves but I guess I can share tids and bits bout bringing your kids holiday.

1. First and the foremost is maintaining the health...yours the most and of course the kids. I often double their vitamin intake a week before until the last day of the trip. Vitamin and common used medicine are the must items in my things-to-bring. Medicines for fever, motion sickness, headache, stomache, bug bites, allergy, teardrop...even the famous Tolak Angin are in my bag.

2. Next is the itinerary. Browse...ask around...google...or copy the tour-travel's ones. Some tourism website offer feee-of-charge consultation, make use of that. Put on your itinerary: the point of interest, how to get there, operational hour and day, and fee required (transport fee, ticket, etc). If English isn't commonly used, print out the address of your hotel and places that you wanna go in the country's mother tongue.

3. Once the itinerary is done, start calculating the budget. I know it is tough to stick on the budget but this will help you in figuring out how much cash that you need to bring...how much that you need to converse...etc. You dont want to be flat broke after holiday,dont you? If possible, online purchase any ticket that you need, so you don't need to bring too much cash on hand.

4. List out your to-do-list and things-to-bring. This way, you could avoid bringing unneccessary stuff and forgetting important item. Make this list at least 2days prior your departure so you have enough time to revise it.

5. The last but the most important is feeling good. Don't freak out or worse, feeling pessimistic. Just enjoy and have a great holiday. So what if my girls are picky-eater...we can collect goodies from those fastfood chain (the only time my girls can enjoy junkfood to their heart desire). So what if they are throwing tantrum and kick a fit...it's holiday and perfect time to pamper them once in a while. Again, enjoy it!

Happy holiday everyone :-) *cheers from somewhere with lots of squishy cloud and light blue sky

No comments:

Post a Comment