Monday, February 11, 2013

Chinese Traditional Bun for Chinese New Year


I knew...Chinese New Year has past already...but we are still in the mood of it. So while we are at it, I would like to show you (as I promised last week) how to make a hairdo of Chinese bun. I made these buns for my girls since their school were celebrating it 2days in advance. Donned in their white pinkish cheongsam (Chinese traditional clothes), I had thought that Chinese bun would go along their clothes well (it was perfect 【ツ】ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²² ƗƗє²²【ツ】)

So...here we go with the first style of braided bun (featuring my youngest girl)

1. Separate the hair into 2 sections and braid each section normally. Fasten it using the rubber

2. Insert the hair chopstick (you can use pencil or eating chopstick as well incase you don't have the hair one). Start from the right section to the left section


3. Cross the braid and wrap the chopstick (wrap the braids upward and insert the braids behind the sticking chopstick). If you hair is long, you might need to wrap it few times

4. Use pin to fasten the end of the hair into the hair. If you are doing the hairdo for girls, you can use rubber instead. Tuck the remaining end of hair carefully inside the bun

5. If needed, you could insert another chopstick to create an 'X' or decorate the bun with flowery clips

For the other version, I made this for my oldest girl who has shorter hair than my youngest one.

1. Separate the hair into top and bottom halves, then tie the top half into ponytail. But you can do this bun on single ponytail as well.

2. Insert the chopstick few cm above the ponytail


3. Separate the ponytail into 2 sections and wrap each section around the chopstick


4. Pin the end of the hair or use rubber instead. Tuck away the remaining hair properly into the bun

5. You could add clips to decorate your bun

Easy and fast, yet adorable for the occasion. Now...you are ready for red-pockets hunting...Ħªppy Chinese New Year and may the year of the snake brings all of us...good health and prosperity, happiness and many luck.
Cute aren't they? Don't mind the background of my pics pls...i take my pics anywhere whenever i feel like it   :-)

Gong Xi Fa Chai!

No comments:

Post a Comment